Roland XV5050

ash 24

Hi.

I'm using Logic Pro 7 with a Roland XV5050 sound module. at the moment i can only access GM sounds via Logic. i've tried putting program changes in to access different banks within the module but have failed miserably! is there a template that i can download which will let me use the module to its full potential? please help! cheers.

In the Roland manual, you should find the LSB and MSB values for bank changing.

Just set the 5050 up as a multi-Instrument in the environment and set the bank changes accordingly in the multi-Instrument setup pane.

You'll have to type in your names, though. Do this in Appleworks or TextEdit.

save the file, then copy its contents and use "Paste Names" in Logic. Then, if you

rename any of your disarmingly brilliant 5050 patches you can keep the master

list in "sync" with Logic.

:)

hello again!

that advice is really helpful and i'm starting to get my head round it but how do you assign a patch to a channel and save that setting so when you close logic the patch's will remain the same?

sorry for being so useless!!!!

cheers

Are you talking about the patches on your XV5050? You can't save the patches in Logic, but you can save the assignement of a patch to a track. Logic knows which patch is assigned to which track in your song, the setting is saved with your song (even if the song is not a project).

To assign a patch to a track, select the Arrange Track, click once on the name of the object (probably XV-5050?) in the Object Parameter Box on the left and select your patch in the pop-up window.

Yeah, sorry to confuse you there.

Logic saves the chart of patchnames you have assigned to your multi-instrument.

Every time you use that instrument in a channel, Logic "knows" your patchnames.

What Logic emphatically does NOT do, as David said, is to in any way store the

numeric data which represents a patch in your 5050 ! You can, of course, SysEx

dump this to a MIDI track in Logic and then attempt a reload later (why would you

run out of patch space on a 5050 ? Hmm. :? ) but I wouldn't get into that if you can avoid.

Cheers.