Arrange page not cooperating since Pro 7.1 and 10.4.2

Maclogic

Hey you guys, this is technically my first post and from what I am seeing you guys are very cool. Heres my dilema I have a dual 2.5 with a 160 Maxtor system drive 3 1/2 Gig of ram, a 160 G Barrcuda project drive, Pro 7.1 ( thanks for the hand tool and the Bass module) OS 10.4.2 and a LaCie 250 d2 archive drive, and 2 SDM S74 Sony monitors. Now up until I added the LaCIE drive I was zooming and there wasn't anything that can stop me. Now my arrange page and my mixer page will not retain the save commands from one moment to the next. I went to Pro Apple Support and got 3.0 for 10.4 but the box is jumping and I need it to settle down fast. I have my first big project coming in from N. Carolina next week and I'm not sure if I should go backwards on the upgrades or resort to my Radar and analog front end system (old faithful). To make it plain I love my Apple system and i am in need of some friendly help. I am open to any logical fixes, suggestions or cures and I need to decide if I should tell the client that we are going old school or not. --Thanks this forum is a great one I hope somenoe may spot my error and set me streight.

Now my arrange page and my mixer page will not retain the save commands from one moment to the next.

Do you mean that you can't save the zoom level? Maybe your screenset is locked: is there a dot in between the word "Windows" and the number in the main menu? You can click hold on the number and then select Screensets > Unlock Screensets.