Option-Drag, Automatic Heal Issue on Audio Region

Andyreww

Hi All,

I'm working through David Nahmani's Logic Pro 9 & Logic Express 9 Book (Lesson 8) and having problems with healing an audio region when option dragging it.

Here's what I'm doing:

1) Marquee selecting a segment of an audio region.

2) Cropping the selection.

3) Selecting a Bar at the end of the cropped audio region.

4) Option dragging the selection to the beginning of the region.

The text notes that if i release the mouse button before the option key when option dragging it the dragged segment of the region should heal to the beginning of the original region. For some region its not.

I can get around this by merging the two regions however; I wondering why the automatic heal is not working?

BTW : Nahmani's books are excellent - I have learnt a lot from this first one. Great for a beginner (like me) and a useful reference when I pick up more skills.

Many Thanks,

Andy

Andy,

The automatic healing should only affect the section you're clicking with the pointer tool. In that exercise, that's the one bar section from bar 10 to bar 11. While you Option-drag it it looks as if the selection you clicked (from bar 10 to 11) is being cut into a new region, but once you end the Option-drag, and as long as you release the mouse click before you release the Option key, you should end up having one region from bar 2 to 3, and your original, healed region from bar 3 to 11.

• 11 years later...

Ough... Thats not good:( I kind of don't wanna go back to the previous version because they fixed the "automation chase" issue on this latest one. Which is awesome.. They listed lots of "marquee" entries in the change log, but this one looks like the one that changed it?

"Fixes an issue where option-drag copying a Marquee selected area that encompasses a number of complete regions could truncate some of the resulting copies."

I don't know. So maybe it's not a bug and they intended it to be like this now. But even if its a bug, the problem with Logic is that we will have to wait months for tiny fixes like this.

I don't know. So maybe it's not a bug and they intended it to be like this now. But even if its a bug, the problem with Logic is that we will have to wait months for tiny fixes like this.

You're probably right about where this bug comes from. My guess is, it's an unintended consequence of the bug fix. Still they could probably fix it and they often release sub-sub-versions that are maintenance releases on the heels of a "major" subrelease like 10.7, so I wouldn't be surprised if 10.7.1 comes out within a few weeks, not months.

I've already reported it.