Why another Logic forum ?

logic nut

Dont get me wrong, its nice to have all of these logic resorces. And this does seem like a staight forward forum for newbies, but

The communities listed below are about the best out there. What do you have to offer that these dont ?

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/logic-users/

http://logicproforums.com

http://osxaudio.com

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@967.tJkeajUoUR6.0@logic

and actually a few more are out there as well.

why another ?

Wouldn't you do better by joining one of these communities and offering all you can there ?

respectfully yours,

Logic nut

Hi Logic Nut and welcome here!

First of all, the community is not new, only the Logic Pro Help website is. Most of us are transplants from the 5 year old "Logic Audio Users Forum".

I originally created a Logic forum back in the days when there was none to speak of: Sonikmatter was more about Kurzweill keyboards than anything, and I was too frustrated with the format of the LUG (wait several long hours/days to see your message posted and then it's usually lost in a million of other posts).

The Logic community needed a simpler, faster interface with more features, and I still believe the case to be true: you will soon be able to attach files to your posts in this forum, files such as images describing your problems, or even mp3s, presets, icons and so on. One of the many features to come.

More than a simple forum, Logic Pro Help has for mission to become the centralized Logic Resource Center. My goal is to become the best alternative to Apple's Tech Support. In the future of this website, prepare to see:

• Forum Posts Attachements (mp3, screenshots, settings)

• More Tips and Tricks,

• Logic Links Library,

• Articles,

• Tutorials,

• Logic File Sharing (Icons, Plug-in presets, Channel Strip presets, Templates, Autoloads, Multi-instruments, Environments...),

• Email+Phone Tech Support,

• Onsite One-on-one Tech Support...

I am an Apple Certified Logic Pro Consultant, and have been helping Professional Studios with their Logic Setup for several years. It only made sense for me to extend my services by creating a solid Logic website, and a serious network of Logic Consultants all over the world.

There you go, you now have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. If you or others have any more suggestions as to how to make this place THE Logic website to bookmark, please share: I want Logic Pro Help to be OUR home.

Thank you.

• Forum Posts Attachements (mp3, screenshots, settings)

• More Tips and Tricks,

• Logic Links Library,

• Articles,

• Tutorials,

• Logic File Sharing (Icons, Plug-in presets, Channel Strip presets, Templates, Autoloads, Multi-instruments, Environments...),

• Email+Phone Tech Support,

• Onsite One-on-one Tech Support...

But all of the sites I mentioned already offer those things.

except email+phone support, lol :lol:

\First of all, the community is not new, only the Logic Pro Help website is. Most of us are transplants from the 5 year old "Logic Audio Users Forum".

oh yes I remember that community.

The Logic community needed a simpler, faster interface with more features

isn't that statement a bit conflicting ? more features wont get you simpler and faster. unless your Apple :lol:

More than a simple forum, Logic Pro Help has mission to become the centralized Logic Resource Center.

thats a big mission, if the above is what you have to offer then 3 other Logic communities have beat you to it.

For advanced logic use I go to sonikmatter and for the casual newbie help I go to Logic Pro forums. anyway....

Well good luck with the forum, I will drop in and see if I can help or maybe have question or two answered. maybe ill give you a call for that phone support you will be offering :wink:

Take it easy

Logic nut

I think it can both be faster and have more features. The LUG is way too slow and its features are archaic. NONE of the places you mention let you attach a file to your thread (such as a .wav snippet or a screenshot to explain your problem). You can link to a file, but that's not the same (not everybody has easy ways to upload a file to link to!). That feature alone will place this website way above the rest. And I have yet to see a website that centralizes all resources for Logic (forum, file sharing...)... apart from this one!

I just want to build a better place. Feel free to drop by anytime and see the improvements!

The logic pro forums has an entire area for attaching and sharing files.

http://www.logicproforums.com/forums/

Also the http://logicprofiles.com is all about sharing files.

Totally agreed about the Lug, but some heavy hitters hang out there.

That feature alone will place this website way above the rest.

You seem very naive about the abilities of other logic sites.

So try to convince us [ logic users ] why this place is better than the rest.

you still have not done this yet. if anything this place lacks all of what you say you have to offer, at this point anyway.

I hope you don't mind this conversation.

logic nut

I just want to build a better place. Feel free to drop by anytime and see the improvements!

I would hope your ideas are original and not just ripp offs of the other forums.

because really all of the stuff you mention has been done by all the sites ive mentioned.

You have a tough time in the original idea department.

nut

If, however, you don't need anything more than what the other sites have to offer, then I'm not sure why you're posting here? :wink:

Thats exactly the point. Why should anyone post here when we have the other forums ? What do you have to offer that is apart from the rest?

My agenda ?

Well, I found a link to your site at osx audio.com. And said to myself.

"why do we need another logic site ?"

And to find out what you have here that is different from the others.

who better to ask.

Its not that complex of a question.

To decide if myself and others should be apart of your community.

thats all

nut

Well then, knowing that the Logic Audio Users Forum existed well before Sonikmatter had any interest in Logic, or the Apple forum existed, the logic pro forums existed, then why not ask them the question?

The only thing that happened here is I revamped this site and added a link at osxaudio.com.

I understand if this site was new, but once again, we started this community back in year 2000.

But once again, this is all irrelevant. Give me time to realize my vision, and you'll understand why you should bookmark Logic Pro Help! ;)

Well then, knowing that the Logic Audio Users Forum existed well before Sonikmatter had any interest in Logic, or the Apple forum existed, the logic pro forums existed, then why not ask them the question?

Thats a good point, but maybe you have missed the boat.

Ive been a logic user since 1998 visited dave bellinghams site and then sonkmatter. These site were and are much better than the old logic user forums and this forum. you've taken a long time to realize your vision.

it maybe pointless. Unless this forum is supported and endorsed by apple. I don't think apple will do that. As far as you being an Apple Certified tech, come on.... dozens of apple people hang out at all of the forums ive mentioned.

I guess im being a hard ass now, but do you understand my point ?

Thanks for being so patient with this conversation.

after all im a nut :wink:

GUYS!!!! GUYS!!!!

It's all good in the LOGIC PRO 7 Hood!

The more of these forums-the better!!!

We all need help...

I've learned some interesting points here.

Don't hate-----PARTICIPATE!!!

(there's my 2 cents)

Amen.

No fights, fer Crissakes .......

ChrisE

i am a dude who is in his pj's most of the time cookin up beats that probably would not get the time of day even for that much sought after tampon commercial...David and the forum have given me a wealth of info(from here and previous) and the overall vibe of the forum is dickhead-free so lets keep it that way. i see this as the beginnings of a great informative forum(and hey i no shite about the forum format) keep the tips coming...

(there's my 2 cents)

Amen.

No fights, fer Crissakes .......

I think David understands that this is not a fight. Its a hard factual conversation.

I feel its important to 'centralize' the logic communities efforts for thriving and existing communities.

The other communities are focused and established with lager memberships.

more people more help, thriving communities already exist.

Im sure david has alot to offer. Same goes for all here.

share it where all can benefit.

call me a nut i guess