most people still on 32bit or working on 64 bit ok?

serra

Hi the last time I read about logic 64 bit there still a lot of issues which didn't make it so convenient. A lot of plugins demanding bridge, no mp3 bounce (which is solved) etc etc.

I just have 4gb on my mac pro and I am thinking if its a good time to upgrade my memory and start using 64 bit.

are most of you using 64bit already, or still 32 bit? is it time to jump to 64 bit

there are plugins like bfd2 that are so heavy I can't even use properly in 32bit if the projects have other heavy plugins. is 64bit helping people here?

tks

Still waiting for my most needed pluggins to become 64 bit: BFD2, Play, Ivory 2, Sonnox.

I'm using 64 bit version if I have to do something Spectrasonics heavy as these have been 64 bit for ages, but otherwise, the 32 bit bridge is a bit of a data bottleneck.

And there is still no bounce to movie function in 64 bit version. Which I use all the time.

64 Bit here. I actually really like it because it's been way more stable (since all the 3rd party plugs are in the bridge). There are certainly some quirks, like the 32bit bridge only lets you view 1 plugin at a time and it takes an extra click to view a plugin in the bridge, but instead of Logic crashing 10 times a day it's happening once or often times not at all, which is a big win in my book.

64bit and 9.1.2

Most stable system for me since some time. Finally no random kontakt or play reloads!(they were aware after all) and crashed only once since updating.

I also use Ivory2,Superior etc with bridge and have no problems.

Losing the plugin GUI when you click elswhere is the only problem but I got used to it.

2XQuad 3.6 Xeon

10gigs ram.

Oz

The good thing is that you don't have to make a final decision one way or the other, you can just switch back and forth as you wish. I always start projects in 32bit mode, since handling plugins without the bridge is much easier. At some point, the project usually grows too large and starts using too much memory, at which point I just open Logic in 64bit mode and continue from there.

64 usually. The only thing that really bugs me now is the fact that Alpha Track doesn't really work in 64, but, that should be resolved soon. If you're not running out of memory now then it probably won't mean much to you, but, if you get that goofy memory error all the time then it's worth it!