Bounces only one track? new song bounces all

guitarhelper

This keeps happening to me!!

I can only bounce one track.

If I drag the regions to a new song and bounce it is fine. Big pain!

Why can't I bounce in the original song?

Logic 9.1.2 32 bit

Macbook (2008 MacBook4,1)

2.4 Ghz intel core 2 duo

2 gig ram

Any help is greatly appreciated

How do you bounce?

Noraml way- Click on bounce on the output track or select :Bounce from file menu.

Set the begin and end points, select MP3, "add to iTunes",etc.

There are no regions selected but a track is highlighted which is the track that only gets bounce. Again, if I open a new song and drag regions into the new song it bounces fine.

Can the file get corrupted over the course of recording, editing etc.??

Brian

Click anywhere but a region in the arrange window, then bounce. Also, just to be safe, you can make sure the playhead is at the beginning of the song.

I tried that again--

same result only one track.

Almost ready to a re-instal logic 8 , then update to 9 and download any updates to get back to where I am now.

I Would like to find the actual problem.

Brian

Hmmm sounds to me like you're doing it the right way then - unless of course your solo mode is on but you sound like you know what you're doing so I doubt it. :wink:

I've never experienced that problem myself. I guess the project could be corrupted but still, that's an odd one. What about if you create an empty track, select it, and try to bounce in real time. Can you hear anything during the bounce?

Another idea. What if you solo all the tracks?

I'm just shooting in the dark really, trying to make sense of it.

I'm having this exact same problem with old files and new files alike. I can't bounce more than one channel and the one that bounces is whichever track is selected in the tracks window. I've tried changing output channels, tried hitting the bounce button on the Output1-2 channel, tried rerouting, tried bouncing in realtime, not normalizing, just about everything I can think of. It just started doing this like 3 weeks ago and I've been searching for answers since and can't find any.

=sean

I think I have the answer. I find this a bit confusing and no idea WTF is going here, but I started comparing EVERYTHING I could from a file that works and bounces correctly to the ones that do not and I found a difference. There's a sync button in the transport bar. When it's hilighted (blue in my case), the bounces only work for the selected track in the track pane. When the button is in the off position, I can bounce all tracks simultaneously.

Again, WTF?!?