Logic MIDI Start Message

WallyG

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to use MIDI clock to connect Logic and my Boss RC-50 Looper.

To register and match the LOGIC's MIDI clock, my RC.50 needs a MIDI start message, which is given by logic only at the beginning of the project (measure 1|1|1|1). Is there any chance Logic to send this MIDI start message elsewhere ?

Thank you for the answer.

Valerio

Ok. First, I admit that I messed that up. It's not Meta 52 but Meta 47. I have used it in the past, with a drum computer.

It's been a long time since. I just checked again and while a Meta 47 event with a value of d250 is sent to the track's instrument (which is confirmed by a following Monitor object), a matching MIDI byte d250 is not sent out from the actual MIDI port.

This is obviously not working as intended and not as documented. You, Sir, are entitled to send in a bug report.

Not that Apple would care, anyway.

Christian

You could have MIDI events coming from Logic trigger Start messages in MIidiPipe using its Message Factory.

Just tested it and it worked nicely (using controller 14 from Logic to trigger Start messages in Midipipe which end up triggering Ableton Live). To my surprise, this produced no timing issues....but even if it did, you can always manually delay or advance the midi events in Logic. You just need to decide when you want the start message to happen. Cool.

J.