Stop "Resert advanced quantize parameters" message

john909kid

Having some problems when recording midi data to midi tracks. In the inspector, the quantize value was set to "1/16", but when i tried to set it to "Off 3840" it'd jump back to "1/16" No idea why this is happening, but i seemed to stumble upon a cure by opening a newly midi region in the piano editor and there setting quantize to "off"

Other problem im having which i can't cure is i'm trying to disable the "advanced quantization" paramentrs in the inspector. I've looked in the "View" menu to switch "advanced quantize view" off, but that option isn't there.

And also when i now quantize a midi region via the inspector, and chose say "1/32" I get a message saying "Do you want to reset the advanced quantization parameters?"

How do i get rid of the "Advanced quantization parameters" in the track inspector?

• 6 years later...
Having some problems when recording midi data to midi tracks. In the inspector, the quantize value was set to "1/16", but when i tried to set it to "Off 3840" it'd jump back to "1/16" 

Click the background of your Tracks area so that the Region inspector is labeled "MIDI Thru." Now you can choose the default quantize setting for new recordings. 

Looks for the little "disclosure" triangle that lets you show or hide the advanced parameters.

To expand on what David said...

Region parameters are adjustable for each individual region. The reason it appears to change constantly is likely because you're selecting different regions with different settings. But when no region is selected by clicking on the background in the tracks area (as David said) the region parameters still show values. These can be adjusted to be the default values for any new regions you create. So...

If you click on the background and adjust the quantize setting to 16th notes and a velocity offset of -10, any new MIDI recordings (MIDI regions) will adopt these settings.

Note also that these default settings are also referred to as the MIDI Thru settings. This means that when you play live, the various settings will affect what you play in real time -- except for quantizing. So back to the previous example, if you set quantizing to 16ths and a velocity adjustment of -10, the notes you play live will have their velocity reduced by 10, but they won't be quantized live. But after you record something, playback of that region will be quantized to 16ths along with the velocity reduction.

Thank you both of you for the explanation. Much appreciated. What I would like it to do is to automatically quantize at a certain division eg. 1/8th or 1/16th at 65% automatically - Which is why David I have it set that way. . Ski's detailed explanation explains why this dialog box pops up when I then adjust that after that fact. 

No worries. I have removed the setting so Thru is not set to quantize. I can live with it!