Soundfonts in Logic 9? [SOLVED]

GCProductions

I know this is going to sound rather stupid (I think), but I was wondering:

I have a very nice collection of .sf2 files, or soundfont files, whichever you want to call them. Some of them are ones I like the sound of very much, but I can't figure out how to use them in Logic 9.

Is it possible to import them into Logic 9? I've heard something about using the EXS24 sampler to do it, but I have no idea how I would do that.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

G

EDIT!!!! Sorry about posting in the wrong forum, moderators.

This is how it is supposed to work:

-1. Reboot your Mac and open Logic.

0. Create a new project from the empty template. Create 1 SI track. Load a stereo EXS24 instance in it, via the I/O slot.

1. Now switch to Finder. Place the (uncorrupted and correctly coded) .sf2 file in Users/gmoneybeats/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments.

2. In the EXS24 click the black title display, and from the popdown menu, choose Refresh Menu.

3. Click the display again, the converted instruments should now appear.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5281/5347579328_7a3ffebcb6_z.jpg

However, having kept an eye on the thread whilst doing all steps myself with the one sf2 I had hanging around, I think what is most likely is what David is hointing at: that your .sf2 is corrupted or damaged or flimsily assembled. What's it called?

Hi all,

i'ts my first post on the forum.

I encouter the same problem (in Logic Express 9) with my first soundfont library (the Sf2 files of the multisampled Eminent 275 by Precisionsound)

The soundfont files are grayed. I can't clik on them in order to convert/load them.

I tried the "refresh menu" trick on the EXS24 but it didn't work, files are still grayed.

best regards

• 6 years later...

Thanks to this thread for helping me get some sf2s into my Logic.

If anyone's still around, I have a question regarding note sustain.

I've downloaded retro/SNES and gameboy samples. I can't get any of the pad, or violin sounds to sustain without it sounding like the note is just being hammered repeatedly.

The a/s/d/R knobs do lengthen the release of some, but most samples flat out ignore the midi note length, which is where i'd like to manipulate it, so as not to have to constantly automate the release ( plus that technique doesn't sound good ).

What can I do to use the pads like pads, and not like staccato key hits!?

Thanks!