Inputs grayed out in LE9

SideBMusic

Logic Preferences>Audio>Devices>Core Audio

Make sure your interface is selected under Input Device and that the Enabled box is checked.

Thank you, Scott. I had checked that out before, but went back again, and sure enough, it looked as though everything was as it should be. THEN, I noticed choices for BOTH Input and Output, and Input did not have my AI selected. Now, I'm back in business.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I have just purchased Logic Pro X and have a similar problem. I am connected to a PreSonus Studio 1824c interface and I have no sound coming into Logic Pro X.

I see the sound if I use PreSonus Universal Control Mixer. But there is nothing in Logic, even when I bypass the Universal Control Mixer.

I think the problem is because in Logic Pro X Preferences I CANNOT select an input or output device. Core Audio is checked. But input and output are grayed out. If I uncheck Core Audio they are still grayed out.

I Googled elsewhere that said I needed to grant permission to Logic Pro X to use the microphone in the Privacy preferences. But when I checked that the box for permission was already checked.

I am running out of ideas and leads online and becoming frustrated that I cannot hear or see any sound input in Logic Pro X from my PreSonus Studio 1824c.

Please help!

I think the problem is because in Logic Pro X Preferences I CANNOT select an input or output device. Core Audio is checked. But input and output are grayed out. If I uncheck Core Audio they are still grayed out.

It could be that your Mac is not seeing the Presonus. Does it require to have a driver installed? Did you make any changes to your Mac recently, since this change occured? Can you see the Presonus in Audio MIDI Setup?