Cycle settings not working properly

lincolnk

Having a problem with the Cycle settings:

It seems like even though I have set the cycle setting for like bar 17 - 23... Logic still is starting wherever it last left off = like if I have the cycle set at 23 - 17 and the cursor playback stopped at Measure 25,..the playback resumes @ M25 instead of going back to the chosen cycle (m17 - m23).

If anyone knows of what may be causing this - I would greatly appreciate some Logic love and input on this.

Sincerely,

Lincoln

• 9 years later...
thank you~! I kept clicking a region to cycle through and it kept automatically cycling to one bar at the beginning. Super annoying and confusing. Clicked and held play and selected "Play from selected region". Thanks a bunch!!

mike

Oh crap no. Now when even not in cycle mode it plays from whatever region is clicked on. dammit!

Edit:Ok i got it. I had play from cycle and play from marquee selected, hence it was cycling the marqueed area when i went to cycle instead of playin from the region i selected. Just need play from cycle selected. Sheesh good that there are options i guess? haha

• 11 months later...
@musikmike I think this is the same thing that happens for me. I select a region while Cycle is enabled, hit C to deselect the region, then hit C again, and a random selection is enabled near the end of the track. Have you had any luck resolving this?