Binaural Panning causing clicks and pops

tenorman

I'm getting clicks and pops when I use binaural panning, I've attached a short movie with several examples (I had to zip it to attach). It happens on audio or instrument tracks. I believe I'm using the plugin correctly. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for any help!

P.S. It also happens on my MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB ram OS 10.6.7, Logic Pro 9.1.3

Binaural Panning Problem.mov.zip

Try adding a little audio region (of silence) earlier on the track? Sometimes Logic disables plug-ins when not in use to save CPU, and re-enables them just as they're going to be used again - which could be the problem here, as once the playhead reaches nearly the beginning of your audio region we hear the click.

Thanks for your reply David.

I tried your suggestion and I still get the clicks. What's really strange is it happens on MIDI tracks as well. As soon as the note begins the click sounds. I tried increasing the pre-roll on the entire song and it still happens.

Might you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

I tried your suggestion and I still get the clicks.

Is the click exactly at the same place? Is that after the little silent region? Is that an audio region and not a MIDI region?

What's really strange is it happens on MIDI tracks as well.

Not so strange at all if you consider my previous explanation, which is valid for both audio and software instrument track (any track that produces audio).