Soloing Auxes

s0niccurve

Routing:

- Individual drums being routed via bus 20 to two separate aux channels both with bus 20 as the input so I can parallel process the whole drum group

What is currently happening:

- When I solo an individual element of the drums i.e. the kick, the kick is soloed but is only being routed through the first aux channel

What I want to happen:

- I would like to be able to audition each element of the drums through both auxes to I can hear the effect of the parallel processing.

Is this a logic bug, or is there a way round this?

http://i.imgur.com/2SHPA.png

unfortunately solo isolating does not help. When you solo isolate the aux, you will no longer be able to solo individual elements as the whole kit will play through the solo isolated aux regardless of what you have soloed. You really should be able to change this behaviour in logic.

Sometimes that is what you want but half the time that is really not what I want.

Maybe this'll work: solo both Auxes PLUS solo the element you want to hear.

Or solo both Auxes and mute all the elements you don't want to hear.

It is odd though that only one of the auxes responds - looking at your screenshot I'd expect both auxes to sound... is the mute button blinking on the second Aux? And if you Solo-safe the second Aux, it still doesn't work? Is that right?

later edit: OK, just tried it out, and the only thing that appears to work here is muting the tracks you don't want. I would call this a bug, unless someone can explain why this should be normal behaviour.

Solo any SI track: only Aux 1 receives sound. Soloing the auxes activates all tracks feeding it, so that doesn't work, same goes for solo-safe on auxes. Muting appears to be the only option in this scenario.

I'll try some other things...

The only way to get this to work is to use two buses, one via the tracks' outputs, the other via the tracks' sends, like so:

999113548_Screenshot2011-05-22at12_32_13PM.png.115750111ca88f0b9b352f0ca7da55e9.png