Make comp from imported tracks

guitarplayr82
Go to solution Solved by ruari,

So I recorded some tracks at another studio and the studio sent the tracks to me as .WAVs. I did multiple takes of some tracks at the other studio, and I want to be able to comp those takes together here in Logic.

Basically, I can't find a way to comp takes that were not recorded in Logic. When I import takes that were recorded outside of Logic, the takes come up as separate audio files and I can't seem to arrange them into a comping setup. Can anyone help?

• 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Could anybody help me do this but would multiple mics?? I have 3 takes with 12 mics, when i pack them all into a take folder it only lets me comp 1 track (1 mic of 1 take) at a time, any idea how i can make it edit across all 12 mics within the take? Am i arranging it incorrectly? They are all in 1 group and packed in 1 take folder. Any help massively appreciated!!

Could anybody help me do this but would multiple mics?? I have 3 takes with 12 mics, when i pack them all into a take folder it only lets me comp 1 track (1 mic of 1 take) at a time, any idea how i can make it edit across all 12 mics within the take? Am i arranging it incorrectly? They are all in 1 group and packed in 1 take folder. Any help massively appreciated!!

Create one take folder for each mic, so that you have 12 take folders on 12 tracks, each containing the 3 takes.

You need to group the channel strips of the tracks where you have the take folders. So:

1. Click the first track header to select it.

2. Shift-click the last track header to select all tracks.

3. Open the Mixer, click the Group slot of one of the selected track and choose a group.

4. In the Group inspector, select Editing (Selection).

No apologies needed, this place is for asking questions exactly like this! :)

So there's no need to bounce it down if you're fine with keeping the take folder. You can just close it so that it looks like one track, but you can always reopen it if you want to tweak the comp.

If you'd rather bounce it anyway, you can click the letter at the top left of the take folder to open the take folder pop-up menu, and choose Flatten and Merge:

1211450854_Flattencomp.png.99cc99e518989d7949c2e49ffce68056.png