Continuous Beeping!

bpg2k7

Hi All,

I have a problem that only occours when the Logic 9 program is open... continuous beeping !!!

It's just faint in the background when I open Logic going "beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.....".

I've tried numerous ways to fix this but it just always seems to happen when Logic 9 is open!

Computer Specs Are:

iMac 27"

2.93 GHz Intel Core i7

12 GB Ram

Behringer U-Control UCA 222 Audio Interface

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

B

None of the meters are moving and it still does it when I open an 'Empty Project'.

The beeping doesn't occur when I run the output through the internal speakers of the iMac I've found... only when running through my external monitors.

Does it stop if you mute your Stereo Output?

Can you hear it even when Logic is stopped or only when Logic is playing?

It does not stop, even if I mute both the stereo and / or master outputs on the Logic mixer.

I can hear it even if I just have the Logic app open and no project file loaded.

None of the meters are moving and it still does it when I open an 'Empty Project'.

The beeping doesn't occur when I run the output through the internal speakers of the iMac I've found... only when running through my external monitors.

If you quit Logic, can you still hear the beeping?

If I quit the Logic app the beeping stops, yes.

Suggest you check your keyboard to see if there's a key stuck (talking about your computer keyboard). Open TextEdit or start a new email and type every single key. If one of them is stuck, sticky, or doesn't respond then that could be the problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi David,

I have the same problem, just discovered this thread, so I thought I post it here instead.

After experimenting with the synths in Logic Pro 9.1.4 using the Akai Reference Monitors RPM3, the monitors started to make a regular, continuous beeping sound. It's a high frequency sound, and yes, it does it too when I open an empty project.

What's strange is that the beeping sound stops when I close Logic, neither do the monitors make this sound when I turn on Ableton or Sibelius. So it's clearly a problem with Logic.

I use a new macbook pro Intel core i5, 4 gb of ram, mac os x 10.6.8, a Yamaha P120 electronic piano, the Akai RPM3 reference monitors, Sennheiser HD280pro headphones and an Akai Laptop Performance Keyboard LPK 25

Did you already find a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Tom.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...
Hi everyone, i got the same problem. i have a quite high, fast beeping frequency going on all the time and my meter picks up that signal. you can even hear it throughout the recording. i have no idea where it comes from and i have tried disconnecting al unimportant usb devices and still my audio interface catches that annoying sound. i use the xenyx x1222usb from berhinger connected to my 2012 macbook pro. i had this problem before but i don't remember how i fixed this. i kinda want to believe its because my macbook is outdated, but that would be tedious to fix. (edit: Check your output and input devices and select the correct device or multi-output device) kinda resolved it 2 minutes later!