Reset peak level indicator [SOLVED]

dave999z
Go to solution Solved by ski,

when playing back a track, the highest peak level for each channel strip is shown as a number. if i click on that number for any channel strip, it resets for all of them. is there a way to get it so that it just holds that number for a few seconds and then just starts monitoring new peak levels? for example, if i'm playing back a song and see major peaks on one track, so i pull down the fader, i also have to click on the peak level indicator to clear it (so i can watch for what the highest peak is now that i've pulled the fader down).

Thanks. I did RTFM and search here but couldn't find an answer to this exact question

• Solution

I fully believe that you RTFM and didn't find a F('n) thing because I don't believe this feature is documented (see screenshot). This basically resets the level meters and should do what you want. Try it out and see for yourself.

2069824293_Picture23.png.91a31eb35131ca471db76840cb6eb4ea.png

• Like 1

Well,

This place is awesome. I got an answer to an obscure question within minutes. Thanks!

I would never ever have found this. That is useful to at least clear the values from the keyboard instead of having to use the mouse.

Is there no way to just have it hold peak values for like 2 seconds or something and then clear itself (without me doing anything)?

Dave

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...