A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

Audiogrocery

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Now, don't get me wrong, your trick is very clever and I can see it as being very useful! But it's still going to be difficult for beginners to understand,

I do not get you wrong at all. I gave the Direct example (Fig.1) how to Delete in one step unwanted events but this is not my style - just technical info according to my skills and the OP question...

My MAIN IDEA of showing the additional "Non-destructive" methods was to show how to Temporary block "Unwanted" data and to keep it as backup! The unwanted Midi Data is FAQ and it was a good idea to share that tip.

Fig.2&3 method is just new non-destructive method which requires two custom Transform Templates. Please try to understand - it is similar to the most of the factory Transform Templates (the people do not try to understand the settings), they just use them ! Following the picture (diagonal lines or Meta Status is not difficult at all when they are shown in the picture) that's why I decided not to add song attachment of the templates (this may injure the people I guess).

A.G

ski
Site Contributor

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Following the picture (diagonal lines or Meta Status is not difficult at all when they are shown in the picture) that's why I decided not to add song attachment of the templates (this may injure the people I guess).

I figure that if the diagonal lines were difficult for me to figure out, they're going to be difficult for someone who isn't familiar with Transforms to figure it out.

I do not get you wrong at all. I gave the Direct example (Fig.1) how to Delete in one step unwanted events but this is not my style - just technical info according to my skills and the OP question...

The OP wanted to know why the sounds were changing, not how to program the Space Shuttle! (And just so that there's no misunderstanding, that was a joke).

:lol:
MacPro 8 Core 2.4 GHz Xeon | 32G RAM | Sierra | LPX10.4 | Creator of ARTzID and SkiSwitcher Articulation Switching Systems for Logic Pro X, author of tutorials on The Score Editor, Enhancing Realism in Orchestral Mockups, and others.

Audiogrocery

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:58 pm

The OP wanted to know why the sounds were changing, not how to program the Space Shuttle!

Heh, who says that - Peter Ski ? If you do a search you will find much more crazy workarounds here than mines - does not matter what is the OP source question. Anyway the best is = Direct Answer + A Few Workarounds which will be sooooo useful for the third party visitors at least... :D

Opps, 6 o'clock in the morning ( I must merge the Night with Day obviously... - where is the merge tool... ) :?

uncle808us

Re: MIDI Issue -- Unwanted Program Changes

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 am

I have created a transform window.( I Think) it worked to remove all the controls from the imported midi file. The problem is when I open the original midi file the transform drop down menu does not have the created choice " Program Delete" How do I get it in there so it shows as a choice for every new project?
Transform.jpg
Transform.jpg (275.58 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Logic 9. 1.8 MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009) Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
El Capitan 10.11.5 67.08 GB available volume?

Eric Cardenas

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 am

The Transform Sets are part of a project and not global.

You'll have to import it from your previous project.
Choose File > Project Settings > Import Project Settings...
Eric Bradley Cardenas
EC Making Sound
Mac mini 2.6 GHz 16GB RAM Areca⚡RAID | MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 16GB RAM | Os 10.14.5
Logic Pro 10.4.5 | RME Fireface UFX | Adam A7 + Sub8 | Spectrasonics | Softube

uncle808us

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks Eric, I'm reading about projects now. So much to learn. Again Thanks
Logic 9. 1.8 MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009) Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
El Capitan 10.11.5 67.08 GB available volume?

Eric Cardenas

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 am

You're welcome man! :D
Eric Bradley Cardenas
EC Making Sound
Mac mini 2.6 GHz 16GB RAM Areca⚡RAID | MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 16GB RAM | Os 10.14.5
Logic Pro 10.4.5 | RME Fireface UFX | Adam A7 + Sub8 | Spectrasonics | Softube