Can logic differentiate between the number pad and...

s0niccurve

Can logic differentiate between the number pad and the regular numbers on an alpha numeric keyboard? I would like to have different key commands on the same number i.e. record on [number pad 3] and still be able to use regular 3 for another command. Is this possible?

Can logic differentiate between the number pad and the regular numbers on an alpha numeric keyboard? I would like to have different key commands on the same number i.e. record on [number pad 3] and still be able to use regular 3 for another command. Is this possible?

Yes.

Instead of using the "Learn by key label" function you use the "Learn by key position" in the Key Commands window.

I have my transport commands and a couple of other things on the num pad while I have all my tools on the numbers 1 - 9 over the QWERTY keyboard.

Hmm, does not seem to work like that for me. I used "learn by key position" and assigned numberpad 3 to record and it says "replace recall screenset 3?" so I ok it. now pressing numberpad 3 works fine, but normal 3 also functions as record. Is there an osx setting I am missing?

Hmm, does not seem to work like that for me. I used "learn by key position" and assigned numberpad 3 to record and it says "replace recall screenset 3?" so I ok it. now pressing numberpad 3 works fine, but normal 3 also functions as record. Is there an osx setting I am missing?

Just tried that and it works as expected here. I got the same alert as you, clicked Replace.

Experiment some more, and look at the assignment for "Record", if you've learned it properly it should have a little numeric keypad in front of the 3.