Regions not lining up/snapping to bar

saad

hI THERE

For some reason, after wokrign on a project for a whiel, i notice somehtign is wrong, so ilook at some regions, an i notice that they are not exactly onth bar but are a tiny bit too big or small, or dont start exactly on the bar marker. In order to fix this, i have zoom into the maximum level, and then fix it, as on anythgin less than max wont work. This is really annoying, do can anyone help me with this? Snap is set to smart, but it happen whther its on beats or bars. I just want to be able to create 4 and 8 bar MIDI regions, and have them be exactly right, and If i copy and paste, i want it to snap to the bar.

SImiliar sort of thing happens in the MIDI editor too, where when i click to enter in a note, it does no neccesasirly be exactly on the grid.

So any solutions?

Saad

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. While composing I noticed that regions were no longer snapping to the beginning of the bar and needed to use control +shift to get the position correct, no matter what the snap menu is set to. New, blank regions created with the pencil tool are created at the beginning of where the pencil points to and do not snap to the beginning of the bar.

Additionally, somehow this unwanted change has made it to my autoload file. I tried deleting the autoload file and ran the set-up again but the change is still there. Driving me crazy.

I was using some movie audio clips in the file this happened to. I had imported a movie into the project and then imported the audio as region. I then chopped up the movie audio and moved it all around. I'm sure it's something I did and I'm not sure that the movie file has anything to do with this.

David, what does moving the pref file to the desktop do? I tried that but nothing happened. Do I need to restart Logic? What about the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file that is also in that folder?

• 5 years later...