Logic project won't open from Finder?

Tarekith

Hey all, just wondering if this is a known bug or not. Ever since I upgraded to Lion (latest version) and Logic 9.1.5, I can't open any saved projects from Finder. Logic will launch, but I get an error that the project cant be opened. If I then "Open" from within Logic and navigate to said project, it opens fine.

I was going to just reinstall 9.1.5, but I can only find a direct download link for 9.1.1. on the Apple site. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
It just says Logic Pro, I don't see a version number anywhere.

Ok.. Open applications and run Logic from there and see if the correct one opens up. If it does.... then do the 'get info' on the project and point the 'open with' to that Logic app in your application folder and do the "open all files of this type' thing..

If that doesn't work.. make sure that the project you are trying to open wasn't created in Logic 32bit instead of Logic 64bit or vice versa... because if you created in the 32bit version of Logic.. there are some instances where trying to automatically open it using Logic 64bit won't work...

It is because of this little issue... that I always open projects from inside of Logic itself rather than just clicking on a project.... so try doing that and see what happens too..

Thanks Nigel. I only have one version of Logic installed on my computer (9.1.6), and even if I point projects to it from within the Get Info window, the same thing happens every time. Weird, as it only happened since the Lion upgrade, and it only happens wih Logic projects. I knew it was an issue for some other people in versions prior to 9.1.5, I was just curious if other people are still having this issue too.

I was just curious if other people are still having this issue too.

I always open my projects from within Logic itself so I've never encountered this problem myself.

Where are your projects located, external drive?

Could you try moving ones of the problematic projects to your desktop folder and try launching it from that location?

PS. Make sure that you do not have any other .logic file/ alias on the desktop.

I believe the workaround was to set the the startup action preference to "Do nothing" (General > Project Handling).

J.

Perfect, that works! Thanks for the suggestion.

That's great!

It's still a mystery why it works fine here on a laptop similar to yours with 9.1.6 & 10.7.2??

Do you see something strange inside your .logic file? (Ctrl - click > Show package contents > LgDoc > )

Yeah, it's odd for sure. I've been seeing this through multiple clean installs of lion, nothing seemed to fix it. I do mixdowns for a living, often in Logic, so while not a huge show stopper, it was definitely an annoyance as I bounced between projects throughout the day.

Not seeing anything weird in the logic file either.