Alteration Keys set up for Midi

Mr SKittles

The issuse I am haveing is I am trying to set up a key stroke with my "option key" in the Controller Assinment Window.

I have tried to copy and past, Uni-code and a few other things but nothing works.

What happened after I assing the key to my midi controler and press eneter the peramiter field turns to a piroed ('.') and then i press the midi controler the Screen flashes white.

What I am trying to achieve here is to have the opt cotrl, space, shift, and arrow keys on my midi controlers. The reson for this is so i can cut out more of my key bored and try to work entirely off the Axiom 61 ist gen.

What is in the Pictuer is a screen shot of what i was trying to do with theChareter Viewer in OS X and as you can see i have the option key symbel in the text field it needs to be in but it still will not work. Same thing works with other atleration keys and arrow keys.

I have been trying to get it to work for about 6 hours at no avaiul,

1848569960_Screenshot2012-01-30at2_26_02PM.thumb.png.4065e08d97ef9b07e860501f82ce9968.png

What I am trying to achieve here is to have the opt cotrl, space, shift, and arrow keys on my midi controlers. The reson for this is so i can cut out more of my key bored and try to work entirely off the Axiom 61 ist gen.

It's not possible to send a MIDI event that defines just a key modifier ie Ctrl, shift or Option, using Logic alone. Maybe some 3rd party app perhaps?