Notes for tracks

NoPro

Not in Logic 7, no. What I used to do back then is use markers to take notes. I'd have a few markers at bar 1,000 and 1,001 etc. for my lyrics and notes. You cannot associate a marker to a track - but you could just have a single marker where you write in the track number and your notes for each track... not ideal but that's a workaround.

Someone had written a little AU plug-in that allowed you to enter text in its interface to write notes about a channel strip... can't remember the name?

If you mean names in the track list in Arrange, remember that what you see (default) are not Track Names - they are Channel Strip names. So you could use the Track Name feature for your notes/comments. Enable "Allow Two Lines" if you want to see both the existing names and your notes.

There's a dedicated key command for creating track names. (⌥N ?)

If you're talking about tracks in the Track Mixer, click on the little icon in the lower, right corner in that area (above where it says mixer). This will open up a dedicated field for adding/editing/viewing notes per track.

1134589674_TrackNotes.png.22ef0d678aaf55cd0b62ddaf051de39e.png

Logic Notes here

Edited by FlowerPower

One more alternative which works in the current and the former Logic versions is to create Text fader objects in the Environment (Mixer) and place them on top of each channel strip (each Arrange track is routed to a given channel strip in the Mixer). You can type some notes inside each text fader (label), make it to behave "As Menu" (by checking this option in the Text fader dialog), color the text faders "Note" labels, set the Environment mixer "As Float" and save as a Screenset (s) # etc.