MIDI Instruments - First Note Repeats After Region Is Played

juSt10bLaZe

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and Logic Pro in general. I'm sure you guys know how certain instruments like strings and horns have a slight delay before the actual note is played, so to accommodate for this I place the note events a little earlier in order for it to not sound off beat. The problem I'm having and can't seem to fix is that doing it this way makes the first note in the region play at the end of the region also because it's "out of bounds" so to speak. I'm happy with the timing so is there a way to speed up a note's start up time or something else I could do? I could use the automation thingy deal and just drop the volume at the end of the region but that would mess up any other notes that would immediately follow that were also off centered. If this made sense at all please help.

you guys know how certain instruments like strings and horns have a slight delay before the actual note is played,

I guess you are talking about the slow envelope Attack right ?

One alternative is to select the region(s) in question and set some (Negative "-" ) region Delay settings in the Track Inspector so Logic will play that region(s) earlier of the beat. In this scenario the note events inside the region can be 100% Quantized to the grid.