Hauptwerk into Logic; Midi-CC different than built-in Sequ.

hunter74

Hallo Logic-Pro's :-)

I'm testing the Free-Edition of "Hauptwerk". (Pipe-Organ)

Hauptwerk has it's own Midi-Sequencer - when I record some Changes of a Registration these CC's look like shown in jpg 1

When I record some Changes of the Registration in Logic Pro (vs. IAC-Driver of OSX) the CC's look like shown in jpg 2.

Do you see the difference?

Hauptwerks Midi-CC's have absolutely different Positions...

Logic's Midi-CC's look "compressed" on one "event". But the sorting is different, and the Change of the Registration in Hauptwerk

doesn't work any more (absolutely different!)

...by the way: WITHOUT any quantizing

I cannot find any Solution

- in Hauptwerk there's no way to change the Midi-Way to Logic

- Does the IAC-Driver chance or compress the Midi-Data?!?

- Is there a way in Logic to "delay" the Midi input, so that EVERY Midi-Signal is on a DIFFERENT Position?!?

Please Help...i'm running out of ideas...;-)

Thom

PS: From Su.13.5.-25-5. I'm on Holiday...so don't worry, if I don't answer to your reply's until then...

ishot-1.jpg.c7d8f5fb7c1de62b4bcee33cdb6795fa.jpg

Hauptwerks Midi-Data

ishot-2.jpg.9c556c915111d61ad010eed2ad82c746.jpg

Logic's Midi-Data

and the Change of the Registration in Hauptwerk

doesn't work any more (absolutely different!)

I'm away of my Logic right now, so I'll try to assist offline...

In (Fig.1) I see "One shot" NRPN (Non-registered parameter number) midi events. The NRPN message pattern includes three Controllers like CC99,CC98,CC6. They can be sent in "One shot" (Fig.1) or one by one (Fig.2), where the Controller number message ORDER is the most significant factor -> # 99,98,6. If this order is OK then there are no problems.

Note, sometimes there are some event duplications (Fig.1) like 99/17; 99/17; 98/31;98/32 etc. As you see CC98 is duplicated two times using values 31 after that value 32. In this scenario the last value update "32" is valid!

As far as I see the same starting pattern shown in (Fig.2) CC98=31 may cause the problem i.e CC98=32 ( see Fig.1 last message update ) etc.

Regards,

A.G

Thanks for this perfect Analysis :-)

You're Right - that's the Problem...!

And how could I "change" the incoming Midi-Data oder change the "order" while I'm recording?

Or..how could I avoid, that the Midi-Data are not recorded in "One Shot" so that every Midi-Signal hat it's own, clear "Position"??

Is there any way in the Logic Preferences to do that...or could I do something with the Environment to solve this?!?

I'm Confused...;-)

Thank you for your Help!

Thom

• 2 weeks later...