EXS randomly changing instrument, not finding samples?

HenriYonet

Did this ever get resolved? Turns out I just got a very strange (and first time) warning message:

EXS24 Instrument "05 Full Strings Marcato Lite.exs"

Audio File "Silence.wav" not found!

Huh? :shock:

I don't recognize either the sample instrument or the sample name itself.

And, this is a weird glitch that came up today since opening the session. These samples don't even belong to the song I'm mixing.

I opened a backup, and am not getting this error...

Any thoughts on what this might be?

With a deeper look, what is actually happening is that Logic is randomly changing EXS's preset (in the one instance I have in this session), but is looking for presets and samples that have nothing to do with this session (or even the random presets that it is choosing on it's own).

This is a true first in my world...I think my computer needs a hug. :cry:

Hey Ski...actually, the warning arose just as I was opening the session. And any sort of playback was impeded by two separate 'lost sample' warnings (both ESX instruments that were NOT in the session at all)...very very weird.

I re-imported the whole EXS instance and channel strip from a backup, deleted the troublesome one and the issue went away...

Maybe something got corrupted somewhere (nah, a corrupted file? couldn't be...)

I'm going to pretend that this all didn't happen and proceed as normal. Denial is on my side...

How in heck are you? What have you been working on?

I totally hear you about denial. When I want to kill Logic and switch to (some other, imaginary, non-buggy DAW) I think about how much time it would take to learn it and that little bit of fantasy+reality makes my brain shut up and keep working. On second thought, maybe that's not denial, but rather plain ol' insanity.

:lol:

Doing good, keeping very busy with all manner of things, mostly musical, but some involving DIY stuff (I recently got a router. So far I've used it mostly to cut the bottoms off glass bottles, but that's another story). Did I mention insanity? :lol:

We should do lunch.