Logic message-"No Apple Loops installed" [SOLVED]

Minimoog

Complete install of Logic, after adding a few loops to the loop browser, I right clicked over the loop browser and selected

"Reindex Apple Loops"

All the loops disappeared.

Apple prompt stating "no loops installed"..

but they are installed in the audio/apple loops folder.

Any idea how to correct this so Logic displays the loops ?

Thanks440960949_ScreenShot2012-06-10at9_34_40AM.png.e121ec15f3494ea830deb55080ad6476.png

1728934578_ScreenShot2012-06-10at9_46_31AM.png.4b15d5011a165efe4dab879c3728b41d.png

Is is possible you have the Loops installed on a separate drive? I had a similar problem.... By default I unplugged everything... replugged it in and the loops were refound...

thank you, no. they are all on the laptop HD, I've never done anything other than a standard Logic install.

progress bar shoots from 0 to done very quickly. and no loops get imported.

Try deleting the Apple Loops Index files (in the Finder) first, then?

J.

Thanks again,..tried that before posting as well. Deleted the index files,..dragged the loop folders onto the browser,...a quick scan on progress bar......"No Apple Loops"

never saw this so guessing. maybe repair permissions on the drive incase that causes the issue? if not fresh install of Logic. any other solution may take longer. be very interested to see if that doesn't resolve it. i'm guessing as not many others have chipped in that no-one else has seen this?

I always repair permissions, that doesn't fix this.

I hate to use the word BUG, but I don't know what else you'd call this?

Using the Logic menu I re-downloaded all the loops from Logic server, they all showed up. UNTIL, I right clicked in the loop browser and selected "reindex apple loops"....then they all disappeared again and Logic says. "No Apple Loops installed"

of course, they are there in the audio Apple Loops folder where they should be. They're just not available in Logic.

Yeah sure something has went wrong lol! Not sure about BUG I think there must be a reason for this. Identifying that is of course not always easy. I still think its possible there is some permission issues causing this problem. cdid you recently uopgrade to lion or snow leopard? Can you check the apple loop index file and the directories for apple loops have the same permissions as the other files and folders in logic's install? as I said if it were me just due to time I would be looking to confirm this behaviour/BUG! by reinstalling.

i'm guessing as not many others have chipped in that no-one else has seen this?

There's actually a couple of threads here and at the apple support website. Some people resolved the issue by try what was suggested in this thread.

I would be looking to confirm this behaviour/BUG! by reinstalling.

I'd try re-installing just the loops (nothing else) after deleting all loop-related files just in case.

J.

Thanks again.

Re-installing the loops works fine, what "breaks" this however is any time I re-index Apple loops, they all disappear.

So then I guess,.......I won't re-index anymore.

And yes,. this is a Lion issue no doubt as I have Logic 9.1.6 on my Mac Pro Snow Leopard and don't have this issue at all.

Thanks again.

Re-installing the loops works fine, what "breaks" this however is any time I re-index Apple loops, they all disappear.

So then I guess,.......I won't re-index anymore.

And yes,. this is a Lion issue no doubt as I have Logic 9.1.6 on my Mac Pro Snow Leopard and don't have this issue at all.

Good to know, Minimoog.

Glad you solved the problem!

J.

Funny, this post got a "SOLVED" heading.......suppose it depends on what you think "solved" means. Reminds me of the joke.

Guy walks into the Doctors office and says,...

"Doc, it hurts when I do this"..... Doctor says...

"Don't do that"

SOLVED!

LOL

Funny, this post got a "SOLVED" heading.......suppose it depends on what you think "solved" means.

You're right, and it's a question I always ask myself when tagging threads as "SOLVED". In this thread the reasoning was that you have found a way to get your loops back, even though you have uncovered a bug in the meantime. I think tagging the thread as solved will help users with the same problem in the future find your solution, even if it is nothing but a workaround a bug.

I'd rather keep this thread here and marked as SOLVED but do feel free to create a bug report in the bug forum, with a link to this thread.

• 3 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. reindexed, and now nothing. Drag loop folder onto loop browser..nothing. Identical setup as the OP; Loops are on the same hard drive etc etc.

Here's the workaround...

I deleted the indexing files, closed Logic opened Garageband, dragged the Loop library into Garagband loop browser and this time it worked. So I reckon its definitely a BUG (using Logic 9.1.7)

• 1 year later...
Thanks again,..tried that before posting as well. Deleted the index files,..dragged the loop folders onto the browser,...a quick scan on progress bar......"No Apple Loops"

I just ran into this problem after realizing some of the Soundtrack Loops from Logic Studio days were missing. I tried adding them to the Loop Browser by the usual drag and drop method and it didn't work. So I decided to erase all index files and drag and drop ALL loops folders again. Still nothing, a quick progress bar and nothing. I went to check the Apple Loops Index folder and no new index files had been written, and that's when I realized something was not right with the permissions for that folder. I open the Get Info window and sure enough, good ol' uncle Fetching was there:

Fetching.png.e8854bfb26e120d51df5b1b668099142.png

I then set the permissions to how I have them for that folder in my Macbook Pro and was able to add all Loops to the browser without any problems. Index files were successfully written.

Fixed.png.fbdb2dd2c095450876094157a012829d.png

I hope this helps someone one day.

J.

• 6 years later...