shortening region accurately

Devon8822

I am trying to cut off the end of a vocal region that has empty space at the end bysliding it to the left as usual, but Its not letting me snap it to the beat/line I want its always ever so slightly off. So as usually I tried holding alt/or option, while shortening it, now it is actually compressing or expanding the sound wave in the region so the vocal is either really quick or really fast. It is not taking the part that I dont want off when sliding to the left but it is sqooshing the wave together as if using flextime to produce a shorter region. Any ideas what is happening?

Option-drag the lower right corner is for time-stretching: that's a feature.

To disable snapping, drag the lower right corner while holding Control, or Control-Shift for even more precision.

Another option is to use the Marquee tool to select what you want to cut then press delete on your keyboard, or select what you want and click Crop in the toolbar.

When I click control and click the lower right corner of a region I get this menu:

Also, another issue... There is a region that just started doing this... when I click and drag the bottom corner to shorten it, I put it to a spot, and than when I click off of it it shifts over a bit without staying where i put it.

EDIT: That problem seems to have disappeared now^ but i am still unable to make a region snap to a point/bar//beat when resizing it. I have tried "snap edits to zero crossings, "snap to absolute value", as well as every other snap setting, and it still doesnt make a difference.

879154025_ScreenShot2012-07-25at11_45_25PM.png.62c69a8118b443a538120b786372ba1c.png

This is driving me insane. I want to be able to phase lock two tracks (double tracked vocals) but I cant because I am getting this "Inconsistent region start positions." error which I cannot even fix because its seemingly impossible to resize a region to a precise point, let alone getting two regions on different tracks too the same point.

From the Arrange window, go to Audio > Snap Edits to Zero Crossings and uncheck it.

The region end should snap (and stay put) to whatever your Snap setting is.

You may have to add a small fade out to get rid of clicks/pops.

When I click control and click the lower right corner of a region I get this menu:

Place the mouse pointer over the lower-left or lower-right corner of the region.

Make sure the pointer changes to a Resize pointer.

Then, hold Control, or Control-Shift for more precision and drag the corner to the left or right.

Also, another issue... There is a region that just started doing this... when I click and drag the bottom corner to shorten it, I put it to a spot, and than when I click off of it it shifts over a bit without staying where i put it.

EDIT: That problem seems to have disappeared now^ but i am still unable to make a region snap to a point/bar//beat when resizing it. I have tried "snap edits to zero crossings, "snap to absolute value", as well as every other snap setting, and it still doesnt make a difference.

Control-click is the equivalent of right-click most of the time; that's why you're getting the menu. To avoid the menu, you need to do this:

1. Click without Control, and hold the mouse button down

2. Press and hold the Control key

3. Do your adjustment

4. Let up the mouse button

5. Let up the Control key

It sounds complicated to describe, but it becomes second nature very quickly and soon you won't have to think twice about it.