M-Audio Oxygen 49 as Control Surface? [SOLVED]

ArtoSG

Hi,

I am setting up a midi controller to work with Logic Pro.

Logic does not see Oxygen 49 when it scans the system. So I proceed manually in the setup window: New

There is no "Oxygen 49" available in Control Surface setup -list. Which should I choose?

Thank you for your help,

Arto

Install-1.jpg.40f27624920e6bc46c9722be49325f26.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

You are right about my signature being erroneus, I sometimes reverse two last digits by accident.

Anyway, the OSX version I use is 10.7.4. I thought I was using Logic Pro in 32-bit mode, because the "About" sign says so. Is there a specific procedure to boot Logic Pro in 32-bit mode?

Yes, I have installed the driver, even though the support page of M-Audio states keyboard being "Class Compliant and not requiring a driver". Do you think I should be able to actually see the M-Audio Oxygen 49 -option in the Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup -window provided the correct driver is in place and keyboard is connected? This is what I am uncertain of.

Additional info: I have tried selecting M-Audio Oxygen 25 and iControl (because they are available and closest I could get). With those selected the keyboard almost works. Meaning it plays all the notes and sometimes I succeed to assingn some knob or fader.

1168831993_LogicPro.jpg.59d4c2b54b559347b26f3f877949d184.jpg

1747007939_M-AUDIO-Pilotes.jpg.9b521de8277c96f0e417e03649749cef.jpg

Yes.

I even managed once to the the transport buttons to work when I had selected iControl from the Control Surfaces settings. I have studied the manual about how to make Logic lean commands from Oxygen 49 and how to form zones & modes & assignments, but the messages from Oxygen 49 seem to somehow confuse Logic.

As a reply to Atlas007: I have used Logic only in 32-bit mode, I learned that the selection between 64bit and 32bit modes is made by selecting Logic Pro in the Applications folder and pressing command + i, there is a checkbox selected.

About installing the driver... I double checked M-Audio support page and noticed that I had installed a driver for Oxygen 49 (blue), which is suppose is newer version of the same (silver) product that I have. The driver has something to do with technology called DirectLink that is meant to improve the interface of Oxygen 49 and (Logic/Garage Band). I have learned from this forum, that the Direct Link technology is not at all necessary if the user is inclined to assing the controls manually (which is what I would like to do).

I have now removed the driver using its uninstall feature.

My problem still persists.

Thank you very much, the problem is now solved. The key thing is to understand that

- M-Audio Oxygen 49 silver will NOT be found in /Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup, no matter what you do

- M-Audio Oxygen 49 is a DUMB midi controller, which does not mean that it is useless with Logic Pro, on the contrary!

- DUMB controller produces exactly the same MIDI codes as any other MIDI device, you just have to tell Logic which MIDI msg is used for each function. Learning procedure is simple and well explainend in the Quick Guide (see link in previous post by JORDITO).

- When a fader or knob is succesfully assigned to a specific task, it is automatically saved in Logic. That means, when you close project 1 where you assigned a knob to a task, it will function the same way when you open project 2 or start a new project.

This site was really helpful, thanks again!

Thank you very much, the problem is now solved. The key thing is to understand that

- M-Audio Oxygen 49 silver will NOT be found in /Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup, no matter what you do

- M-Audio Oxygen 49 is a DUMB midi controller, which does not mean that it is useless with Logic Pro, on the contrary!

- DUMB controller produces exactly the same MIDI codes as any other MIDI device, you just have to tell Logic which MIDI msg is used for each function. Learning procedure is simple and well explainend in the Quick Guide (see link in previous post by JORDITO).

- When a fader or knob is succesfully assigned to a specific task, it is automatically saved in Logic. That means, when you close project 1 where you assigned a knob to a task, it will function the same way when you open project 2 or start a new project.

This site was really helpful, thanks again!

Glad to hear the problem's solved!

Cheers,

J.

• 2 years later...