Metronome click stops for no reason

Koun

Hello there, Logic community !

I'm experiencing troubles with my logic pro 9: for no reason (never happened before), the click stops while recording, at different places, while recording midi devices. I can't find a way to make it work. Has anyone encountered this before?

Many thanks

Look inside Project Settings > Metronome.

You will notice that the metronome has separate options for recording and playing. Check the Click wile recording option.

A shortcut for this is to press record and then turn on the metronome either in the transport or by a key command. Next time you hit record Logic will remember this setting.

Hi. Thanks but it's not that. Already correct in settings. And it works... for a while, and then (can be after 5, 6, 7 measures) stops. So weird. Noticed that it only does that when using the sound card of the computer. With an external one (firewire), no problem...

I get this quite a bit when using bigger midi templates. It's almost like it runs out of processing power to keep up.

Unfortunately it's not consistent enough to track down the problem but at least you know you're not going crazy.

If it really bothers you, just create a click track that you can mute and unmute. That's what I do.