Logic 9.1.8 CPU Meter Spiking

dougqup

In Logic, my cpu meter is hitting the read zone even when the program is idling. There's only one instrument active.

One instrument with Miroslav plug in. No other plug ins. Small movie running.

System:

Imac I7 osx 10.7.5

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Apogee Rosetta i/o

8gb ram.

Thanks, Doug Morton

Edited by dougqup

What plugins do you have on that one track?

If you select that track.. everything on that track becomes active even if there are no notes recorded or playing.. so heavy duty plugins on a single track, can and will cause what you are seeing.

Other than that, check the activity monitor in applications/utilities and see if anything else on your computer is using up CPU cycles... and let us know what...

Finally, can you please click on the Pink Box at the top of the screen (Forum Rules) read Rule #5 and enter all your info in your sig.. as that will make it much easier for everyone to help you troubleshoot..

TIA...

• 2 months later...

Little late but I have the same problem with my CPU, no strange problems before but since I updated to 9.1.8 my CPU is skyrocketing. Even with very small projects the cpu is using way too much more then before. Anyone? I'm looking on different forums but still haven't found a solution. Thanks!

OSX 10.6

3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo

8 gb 1067 ddr3

500 gb 7200 rpm

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

I'm running 32 bit, 64 bit is even worse. Now I have to freeze almost all of the tracks to keep on working my normal flow. And then i'm talking about a small project with instruments like ez drummer/keys and a couple of EXS24 + some logic plugins and easy multiband stuff. No problem before but now almost too much, digital clicks are nearby..

I've solved this by basically turning everything else off including time machine, carbonite and unplugged all of my other drives. iTunes is off as well as Peak. With Logic as the only app running, it's been behaving normally.

The awesome bonus of this is I've turned off email which has always distracted me when composing!!

Hope this helps!!

System:

Imac I7 osx 10.7.5

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Apogee Rosetta i/o

8gb ram.

Thanks, Doug Morton