EXS Unison on drums question

Rectify_Antix

Hey everybody! New to posting on the forum. Over the years, I have found lots of Logic help over the last couple years just reading this forum. So thanks to the many contributors for loads of help!

Anyways, can someone guide me as to whether or not I should use Unison on drum samples in the EXS24? In other words, is it good or bad on drums? It is good on synths because of the voicing and detuning to fatten up the sound, but would this cause phase problems on drum hits? I don't know whether voicing is good or bad for drum mixes. Any help/advice would be majorly appreciated!!

Logic 9.1.8

OS 10.6.8

Phase issues will be most apparent on lower frequencies so unison on kicks in particular may cause problems. However the 'just do what sounds good' argument is valid too!

You may like the effect you get. If I do this I tend to bounce the track and resample it so I have loops of the sections that sound good (just as I do with synths).

I would probably not do this with my main drum part though. more on percussion parts