Plugin interfaces

Calle

I run Logic Express 9.1.8 on a Mac Mini with Mnt Lion 10.8.2. Lately it happens more end more often that clicking on a plugin already in use in Inspector won't show the interface, it just shows the plugin menu. It started with Abbey Road Vintage Drums (wich is a complicated interface), first it helped to click it repeatedly until it opened, but now it also happens to simple Logic plugins (f.i. Gain). The plugins work and the interface shows when I launch them, but if I close the interface, I cannot open it again (and therefore not change parameters). I must then delete the plugin and open it again.

Anyone have this problem (which obviously has to do with graphic functions), and better yet, found a solution? I have had the well known problem of plugins "hanging" for 10-30 seconds ever since i bought the Mac with Mountain Lion, but this problem is new, and seems to get progressively worse!

Lately it happens more end more often that clicking on a plugin already in use in Inspector won't show the interface, it just shows the plugin menu.

Sounds like "pilot error" to me. Clicking (long click) once opens the menu. Clicking twice opens the plug-in. You may be double clicking too slow or too fast. Adjust your clicking habits or adjust the Double Click speed in System Prefs>Hardware>Keyboard & Mouse>Mouse.

I don't think it is necessarily user error. I have a similar problem on logic 8 on my macbook from time to time, but only when using the trackpad. I tend to use an external mouse so I have never tried that hard for a solution but I think it could definitely be the software

I would not call it pilot "error", since the clicking of the pluginslots is tricky, somehow the duration of both clicks (they must be snappy!) and the time between them is very critical. It's almost like playing an instrument, you need to practice it daily... :mrgreen:

This is my current setting, using a $ 10 Icidu AI-707929 optical USB mouse. It has a crisp but light click, which is what I like.

2055449414_pic2013-01-12at23_44_06.PNG.d57595379b5637698d1c93df8275d9f7.PNG

I would not call it pilot "error", since the clicking of the pluginslots is tricky, somehow the duration of both clicks (they must be snappy!) and the time between them is very critical. It's almost like playing an instrument, you need to practice it daily... :mrgreen:

This is my current setting, using a $ 10 Icidu AI-707929 optical USB mouse. It has a crisp but light click, which is what I like.

I think the OP's mouse is broken. Time to send it to Mark Tokyactor for a professional repair.

No offence guys, but I have been using Logic for years and computers for even longer; I know how to double click. There is a known problem with working in plug ins in Logic with Mountain Lion, just haven't had or heard of this one. This is a new problem and it is getting worse.

No offence taken, I've been using Macs since 1989 (Mac Plus), and Logic is the only program that sometimes gives me this doubleclick-slip. But, I'm not on Mountain Lion, so I don't know if they've made it even trickier in that one.

I still think it's you, and Logic. Together.

Another example: I know exactly how and how long to click on any file , so that its' name becomes editable. Done that since '89. Still I could not tell anybody how to do it though.

Well I feel a bit stupid now! I have adopted a double click speed that has served me well over the years, including of course in Logic. Just the same, I tried to double click much slower than I usually do, and lo & behold, it worked! So Eriksimon is right, the plugins really are (or rather have become, some more than others) very sensitive to double click speed. Or may be I need a new mouse? I will experiment with mouse settings in preferences, see if that helps. Or just click slower in Logic than anywhere else, of course. Anyway: thanks guys!