Logic not opening / starting up [SOLVED]

ncyancy

Im having trouble opening logic which is in my applications on my dock. I double click it and it bounces once but then stops and does nothing. I right click and select the open option, same thing bounces once then stops. If i go to the force quit menu its not even on list. Ive restarted and have even tried doing repair disk which when verifying the disk in red letters it said that the HD was found corrupt and needed to be repaired, i did this and then restarted the computer, still logic wont open. my software is updated logic 9.1.8 and snow leopard 10.6.8 This seems to be the only thing that wont open gargeband opens fine. Everything was working fine with logic opening this morning, now nothing ? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Edited by ncyancy

Hey David, thanks for the reply,

I tried it. when I did it the icon in the dock did the same thing 1 bounce but then nothing. On a interesting note if I restart the computer, the icon in the dock bounces more at first, and I think maybe its going to open but then still it doesn't open, and after that its one bounce and nothing. its almost as though its not even acknowledged . I don't see any listing of logic in the title bar, or the force quit menu.

Maybe, but I just reinstalled the whole thing this last week. If I have to reinstall it so be it, but Id like to know why this has happened, so I don't have to do this again a week later, because perhaps the same problem would occur. Is there anyway to find out why logic is not opening? The only new factor that as at times had some problems this week has been using sample tank 2, I don't know if that 3rd party software could be attributed to logic acting up?

Ok then:

1) Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/

2) Inside the Plug-Ins folder, create a new folder and call it for example "Unused Components".

3) Drag all the .component files from the "Component" folder to the "Unused Components" folder.

4) Go to the Finder

5) Choose Go > Library and navigate to Audio/Plug-Ins/

6) Repeat the same operations as in #2 and #3.

Now try to open Logic?

• 2 weeks later...
Want to thank everyone foe their feedback and help. the more I delved into finding the solution, the more i could see that other things in general were not working right since my previous reinstall. Bug? maybe. You all know how stressful these computer problems can be. I took some time off and had to chill for a week, before deciding what to do. I reinstalled logic again. Shout out to atlas 007! Its been working since no flaws , and even the third party plugs, like sample tank2 is working right. Again thanks to everyone, for their help and input.

• 4 years later...
I have kinda the same problem. But for me, it looks like Logic is active (it has that grey dot under it´s icon in the dock), but when I click it, nothing happens. I have to right click it and manually quit Logic before I can open it. While this works just fine, it´s a pain to have to do this every time

• 3 years later...

All the questions about Logic not responding and being unable to Force Quit are the same experience for me. Can't close it , can't open it . I've tried the various tips /advice and none of that works. If I dump Logic to re-install do I lose all of my past logic files and work?

It seems a common problem but there doesn't seem to really be much support from Apple & Logic?

I'm on a deadline to finish a remix, what can I do?

Cheers Iain

• 2 months later...
Thanx for sharing your tip!

Here are different ways to start Logic in different (safe) modes.

Thank you! This worked for me. I tried all the key combos, and the last one (Option + Start Logic Pro) worked for me. For whatever reason, that made the "Audio Interface Has Changed" pop-up appear, and when I clicked "OK" it started Logic Pro fine. Some kind of weird bug.