Multiple audio Outputs,

wolfdog7913

So i Just bought the snowball mic from Blue mic's. And i'm going to use it as a talkback mic when my clients are recording in the vocal booth. I want to know if there is a way that i can assign different outputs to different channel stripes. I just want one channel strip for the blue mic and then my original output for the rest. which is a Eurorack live mixer. Thank!

What kind of audio interface do you have? That's what determines how many ins and outs you have.

The I/O section of a channel strip is where you assign in- and outputs (provided you have selected your audio interface in the setup window: Logic Pro>Preferences>Audio>Devices>Coreaudio

Here's how to assign outputs:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=29%26section=2%26tasks=true

Inputs are assigned in the rectangle right above the output.

i use The EuroRack ub2222fx pro from Behringer. And when i Click on the I/O section of the channel strip it doesn't even give me an output selection. But when i go to the coreaudio section i can change my inputs from Built in Input, Blue Snowball , or Built in microphone, It's always been on built in Input.

That means you only have one stereo output, and everything comes from that. Your channel strip should at least list the Stereo Output. But since there's no second output, you cannot route anything to that output. So the Blue will end up outputting to the stereo output, you cannot set up a 'true' talkback system (which is not part of the main signal path, which is not possible with only one output). So, either just use the mic as is, or get an audio interface with more than two (1 stereo) outputs.

I want to know if there is a way that i can assign different outputs to different channel stripes.

If you had hardware with multiple audio outputs connected to your Mac then you could, yes.

And when i Click on the I/O section of the channel strip it doesn't even give me an output selection.

You have to click-hold the output slot to see the output menu pop-up (see pic below). Do you see it pop up? You should at least be able to set the output of any channel strip to any bus you'd like, for example. That menu will also show you all the available outputs on your hardware audio interface.

852596805_ScreenShot2013-04-22at1_37_14PM.png.2e2625190a9472308623e612667d683b.png

i use The EuroRack ub2222fx pro from Behringer.

AFAIK that's not an audio interface, but an analog mixer. The audio interface is what gives your Mac audio inputs and outputs, so typically it's got audio inputs and outputs on one end, and it's connected to your Mac via USB or FireWire on the other hand. Your Mac also has a built-in audio interface (a couple of mini-jacks, one for input the other for output) so that's the only stereo output choice you'll see available in your output menu pop-up when "built-in" is selected as the output device in Logic's preferences.

• 8 years later...

Alternatively to having an audio interface with more than one stereo out, you could create an aggregate device in your mac using your interface and your buit-in output.

By doing so, you are able use both outputs separately in logic.

Sorry for the system language, but the pic shows the pop up under audio midi setup.

1943561621_CapturadeTela2021-06-23s21_28_25.png.aad4554473b22127be1a2e5999448bb4.png

Sorry for the system language, but it's under audio midi setup in a Mac.