Autopunch & Cycle mode: Only records on first pass?

Voodime

Hey guys ,

i have selected punch-in and out areas

i have selected the cycled area

iv selected the record / record repeat setting

the tracks are armed etc

im trying to record a hard guitar part and trying to record a few takes so i can choose which is the better, when i punch in the first time it works fine but when it comes around for the second time using the cycled area , the record button switches off ...i dont understand it worked fine the first time earlier in the song but when i tried to do it again this happens

Hey guys sorry for bumping this post ...

in this youtube video at the section 7min-8min this is what im trying to do

(dead link removed by moderator)

but when i do do this it will record only the first time and when it comes back to cycle through it again the record comes off and just cycles through it without recording ...

Sorry about the double post......so from what you wrote in your reply seems as though that i won't be able to use that technique again and that it is some sort of bug amongst logic ?? It was a very useful tool to use and saved alot of time as well.....it was working fine then when i tried again literally 2 mins later it didnt work....i tried opening another project but still didnt work.......is there anything i can do to rectify this weather it be reloading the program or something else ?? Thanks

Nah i did it exactly as it was in that youtube link that was removed from my post , no not midi recording either and i definately had autopunch on with cycle mode as well ..............even says in the manual that you can ............If you want to improve a difficult part of a certain passage, you can use a combination of the Cycle and Autopunch functions. Cycle mode recording allows you to practice as many times as you like before performing the final take. On each cycle pass, only events or audio that falls within the area defined by the autopunch locators is recorded. This allows you to make use of the preceding song section to “get into the groove.”

Wow I've never seen Logic do this. It's always only recorded the first pass of the autopunch area in cycle mode for me, then the record button goes off and it continues cycling in play mode.

I removed the video because the link didn't work, it looked like it had been truncated... Can you try posting the video by placing the video number in between [YouTube][/YouTube] tags?

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skYPW264 → skYPW264

• 4 years later...
I was looking for a way to do this too. In Cubase 8.5 you can set up cycle locators and punch in/out locators and record multiple takes as it cycles. I saw this thread is 4 years old. Does anything exist using the auto punch to cycle takes? I have been having to create a new track and cycle record. Just inconvenience. 

• 3 weeks later...