Syncing with Quicktime movie ?

DK8

I'm doing an underscore to a film and have been sent a QT movie to work to - which seems to have synced itself okay just by dragging it to an audio file track - however the voice over audio that is eminating from the movie is prone to arbitary digital crackles that aren't on the source QT file .. they appear in different places on each run through - Anyone know what they are and how to eliminate them? I'd ideally like the voiceover to be best possible quality - does it have to be generated via the internal sound settings on my mac??

Is there a good primer for avoiding muddle and confusion in Logic? My environment window is frequently a confusing minefield - - and I haven't yet figured out a good reliable consistent way for using my external sound boxes as midi devices - and converting them to audio is less than intuitive to put it mildly too - though in fact converting EXP files is also more complex than it need be i'd have thought.

Oh for a sound engineer .. oh for a budget...

It can also help to turn off "contiguous sync" to avoid glitches when audio & video try to keep in sync with Logic. It takes some load off the system, too.

Unless you're doing a cartoon, a commercial or an action sequence (i.e, frame-critical) , the sync will still be good enough for working to picture.

RR

PS You can also extract, cut & paste audio within QuickTime _ I think you might need QuickTime Pro for that but it's not too expensive.