Navigating Arrange - Zooming & SPL Location

embrionic

re: Logic's seemingly erratic behavior in arrange window when editing....

First let me state that I am trying to find a way to navigate Logic and zoom without using the magnifying glass because I would like to minimize switching tools and key commands.

Question 1: Is there a away to make Logic's timeline selection follow the edit selection always? (without a key command, so that whatever you select in the arrange window will automatically create a corresponding cycle in the timeline.)

Question 2: Are there a set of rules that Logic follows when zooming? When I select a region and then use the zoom bars or Logic Control zoom buttons, there seems to be no, well, logic to where the window is going to go next.

Then you spend lots of time scrolling to the place you want to be... i have experimented with catch etc.

For example one, might expect that if you have just selected a region, that logic will always zoom into the beginning of that region. Or that it might at least zoom in with the SPL centered on the screen.

It seems kind of random. Is it? Looking for tips and advice thanks!

Q1: AFAIK you have to use the key command everytime you want to move your cycle region.

Q2: I have to write an article for the "Tips and Tricks" section about that! Quickly:

If no Region is selected or if the SPL is placed after the beginning of the selected Region, Logic will zoom while trying to keep the SPL at the same position on your screen.

If a Region is selected and the SPL is placed before the left edge of the Region, Logic will zoom while trying to keep the left edge of the selected Region at the same position on your screen.

Does that make sense?