Anyone successfully running Logic Pro X on 2GB of RAM?

Veryspeed

I know the tech specs say 4GB RAM minimum but I would like to know whether the Logic Pro X installer prevents you from installing on a 2GB RAM machine? Or if Logic Pro X will not open on a 2GB RAM machine?

I don't want to install anything new on my stable Mac in my studio, but I'd love to install Logic Pro X on an older MacBook Pro (it is recent enough to be within the tech specs of Logic Pro X except for the amount of RAM).

I'm not intending to produce music with it, just to get a feel for it for now, and get familiar with it before I upgrade the main studio Mac.

Thanks guys!!

I'm not sure even Lion or ML will run with only 2GB of ram, let alone running a big app inside it!

Lion is hitting the swap space on a machine with 4GB just by running a few small apps...

The Logic installer will likely have a 4GB minimum system requirement - you'd have to edit this before the installer will pass the system requirement checks. No guarantee how it will run though...

Thank you for your lightning fast answer Beej!!

Moutain Lion's official minimum requirements state 2GB of RAM. http://www.apple.com/osx/specs/

Keep in mind: I don't care if the machine is very sluggish, I just want to get a feel for LPX really, and get to learn the new features.

I wonder what you meant by "you'd have to edit this before the installer will pass the system requirement checks."?

• 3 weeks later...