Logic Pro X - Groups in inspector

involver

When you pop out the groups into the old familiar popout window, the one in the inspector goes away, but it comes back when you close the window. I've not found a way yet to remove it, which would be preferable for me... (in trying to optimise my setup and the available screen real estate)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

this is a decent workaround:

workaround.thumb.png.abee3f40d1b1a4df6f6f854d95ff5542.png

groups tab workaround

see the floated groups tab right there in the bottom of the scrollbar? that way you can easily pull it up if needed, and it gets rid of that pesky screen real estate robbing tab. I never use the scroll bars.. ever.. just wheel my way around. no patience for the mouse. :P

P.S., although I didn't do it here, you can do the same thing with the region inspector now, since they added a floating region inspector. Woo! too bad there are infinite bugs and the UI doesn't have the sexy shine of 9.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This stupid bug still not fixed after two years, LOL.

In moments like that I begin to hate Apple, actually. Seems like they don't give a f**k about usability and users feedback. :evil:

Jesus, it's so EASY to fix. Any STUDENT can repair this behavior, if he has Logic program sources. Apple, what are we paying you for?

If you read this forum (I doubt), please, fix this annoying bug. It's been two years, it's not funny :x

Jesus, it's so EASY to fix.

I'm sure it is. On the other hand, it isn't a significant bug, it doesn't cause data corruption or crashes, and they will have many many many more serious bugs ahead of that in the queue, not the mention developing other new features and keeping up with OSX features they have to support.

The reason some of this stuff lingers, annoying though it is, is simply a matter of priorities...

Send em your feedback in the usual way (if you haven't already).

des99, of course there is many many more serious bugs, but who made this bugs? Me? You? Apple. Necessity to work hard about fixing their own bugs is not excuse for them. Actually, I don't believe, they work SO intensive for two years, that they don't have a time to fix TINY little bug - less then one-two lines in program code.

Of course, i send feedback. I don't think, they read it.

You know what? I can fix it myself. Seriously, just let me connect through TeamViewer, and give me one day, and I fix it, for free. Note this, Apple, if you have SO MUCH important work to do, or you just lazy bastards.

FWIW, it's not a bug. It's intentional. The same way the H (Hide) button or the S (Solo Kill/Recall) buttons do not disappear after you've used them once. I suppose the idea is to save clutter on the interface until you actually use the feature. Still, bur or no bug, I completely agree with you that there should be a way to remove it. (For example Control-click and choose Hide Group Settings?)

There should also be a way to delete Groups in the group settings.

David, I agree with you. But Solo and Hide at least don't waste space (which is not many on Macbook) - that's the point. What you don't have by default and what you may not using - you must be able to close. Other way - It should be called bug in the user interface)

Here is my LOGICal sequence:

- There is no Group pane/window - this is a default state.

- I add a group to channel strip - pane/window appears.

- I delete and deactivate groups and trying to close pane/window - It never close.

It DOESN't work as intended: I except from window to be closed - it NEVER close and not returning to default state. It IS a bug.

Sorry, you very kind to Apple - I don't) Sad truth is that no matter how we called it - bug or feature, Apple does not improve it. Because they do know best, what we want.

Ok, I'm done.)

• 1 month later...
...There should also be a way to delete Groups in the group settings.

I'd like to delete 2 groups I never use... How can I delete group 14 and 15?

To check H doesn't have any effect at all. Also not the On uncheck.

I'd like to have 14 & 15 deleted!?

563829712_0001415.png.951fac736e8ef7302dbe36b9f272626b.png

Thank you David,

I couldn't believe it. That's why had to ask one more time. I have a very elaborate template which I started from a old song and now I have all the groups in there and can't delete it. It's too much work to create a new template from scratch to avoid the old groups.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
When I start using Groups, a Groups section is added to the Inspector in the main window. Is there a way to turn this off?

Yes. In the corner of the window, select "delete" /delete multiple times if necessary, until you delete all groups. Then the tab disappear.

That Group tab stays visible as long as a group exits.

Cheers

1531171902_Screenshot2022-02-25at07_11_58.png.85fd806227a946cef788ea357bf19505.png