Key commands Logic Pro X

Lausanne

Here's one I don't like: The key command for expanding and shrinking a region is Command/ arrow keys (L/R), which is nice.

... RIGHT next to it is the command for nudging the region left or right: Opt/ arrow keys.

Too close for comfort, an accident waiting to happen!

If anyone else has this same random issue (the key command window being off screen as mentioned above). Changing the display settings didn't change the location of the window. Very odd!.. resetting the plist didn't do anything either. I ended up installing sizeup and using one of their key commands to move the window and now it's working normally… what an odd, dumb problem.

Option-L and Option-R were the same command in Logic 9.

Toggle Library is now Y by default.

Ha! It was a typo. I meant Option-Left Arrow and Option-Right Arrow (nudge). They are the same as they were in Logic 9. Indeed, the shortcut for the Library has changed (though it doesn't exactly make sense). Oh well, I don't really use the Library anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. :)

Over here it´s behaving rather strangely. One Example of some:

I use a Multi-button mouse via SteerMouse. I set one of the buttons to "Match locators to regions/events" (Sorry, I´m german. Don´t know the exact translation that is used in the english version of Logic.)

In both key-command-window in Logic and the Steermouse-window I use the same command: "cmd + Ü".

Though, it doesn´t work. Once I click the button my screen flashes for a moment. That´s it.

Why´s that?

I think this has been posted elsewhere in the forums here - but this thread seems ripe for it.. This is a great page, for familiarizing yourself with LPX key commands. http://www.logicprokeycommands.com/logic-pro-x-key-commands/#

Wow I looked at it and found quite a few mistakes within seconds: wrong key command name, wrong keyboard shortcut listed, wrong keys highlighting on the keyboard.... I wouldn't trust that source.

Using the Key Command window along with this simple handy guide to Decipher Logic's mysterious key command symbols should do the job.

It's a good job I have a key command to access my key command window, because there is an issue with my prefs that LPX isn't reading them correctly and thus the menu that contains the key command window option is displayed blank...

If I reset them or trash the prefs the menu command comes back, but when I import my own key commands set or get LPX to read my existing prefs, the key command menu is drawn like this:

lpx_kc_menu.jpg.c7d2b7d783969a71befd94df23be71fc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I think this has been posted elsewhere in the forums here - but this thread seems ripe for it.. This is a great page, for familiarizing yourself with LPX key commands. http://www.logicprokeycommands.com/logic-pro-x-key-commands/#

Wow I looked at it and found quite a few mistakes within seconds: wrong key command name, wrong keyboard shortcut listed, wrong keys highlighting on the keyboard.... I wouldn't trust that source.

Using the Key Command window along with this simple handy guide to Decipher Logic's mysterious key command symbols should do the job.

David,

Where did you spot the errors?

I can always fix.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I made this setting years ago in L9 and forgot about it. Thanks David :-)

NB there's no shortcut to open/close the new stack folders? That's weired because I have a hardware controller to mix and I have to use the mouse instead to da that. They aren't either saved "opened/closed" with the screenshot.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks, rzzzy1. looks nice

another one I don't get:

when pressing "ctrl alt" I toggle to a magnifier which disappears when I loose the keyboard. It is not the zoom tool.

Where can I see/change the settings/shortcuts of this feature. I don't remember if it's a standard short key in Logic or if I did it myself and imported it.

Thanks

when pressing "ctrl alt" I toggle to a magnifier which disappears when I loose the keyboard. It is not the zoom tool.

Where can I see/change the settings/shortcuts of this feature. I don't remember if it's a standard short key in Logic or if I did it myself and imported it.

Control-Alt is the zoom tool, it has been so for several Logic versions (not sure how many exactly).

You cannot change shortcuts involving the mouse, those are "hard-wired."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...