Key commands Logic Pro X

Lausanne

Hello!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what key command it is to change the left-click and command-click tool in Logic Pro 9 it was easily done by pressing ESC but I can't find anything in this version, I have opened the key command window but I can't find anything.

Also, I'm trying to reassign the Musical Typing back to Caps Lock like it was in Logic Pro 9 but it won't let me, ideas on how to get it working?

You're welcome! :D

Not from within Logic.

There are applications that can transform keys for you before they reach Logic but I would just learn the new commands instead.

Yeah that's true :)

I never really learnt Logic 9, should I go for X or learn 9 instead?

Thanks, I was looking for that as well.

This forum is very helpful in moments like these. "T" makes sense!

I'm liking the new layout so far... plus I'm removing from view the buttons that I don't need.

(Some issues like the colors will probably be fixed)

Thanks, I was looking for that as well.

This forum is very helpful in moments like these. "T" makes sense!

I'm liking the new layout so far... plus I'm removing from view the buttons that I don't need.

(Some issues like the colors will probably be fixed)

What do you mean with remvoing from view the buttons?

Also, what issues are there with colors?

X is the way to go if you haven't learned 9 yet.

Alright! I don't really like the Garageband GUI of X though but I guess I'll go for it anyway.

Logic Pro X actually has UI of Final Cut Pro X, so technically its more correct to say "iMovie Logic Pro" if you want to be picky.

When installing LP X - a dialogue pops up, asking

Use key commands optimized for Logic Pro X?

Click “Use New” to use a new Logic Pro X key command set, or click “Keep Previous” to use the key commands from your previous Logic version.

You can choose a different key command set later from the “Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Presets” menu.

I just kicked off the install ... wondering if choosing the new option is what everyone else is doing?

I just took screenshots of my old key commands (there's probably an easier way), then I installed the new presets, just to check out the functionality of LPX. Some common ones, like "undo history" changed... not good... and some, like the marker functions, also changed but in a more logical set. Most are the same.

I just took screenshots of my old key commands (there's probably an easier way), then I installed the new presets, just to check out the functionality of LPX. Some common ones, like "undo history" changed... not good... and some, like the marker functions, also changed but in a more logical set. Most are the same.

You can actually save your key commands as a present by selecting Options -> Export Key Commands in the Key Commands editor. They'll then appear in the Presets dropdown and you can toggle back to them if you don't like the default key commands.

Eric, do you know if there's a SORT TRAKS BY TRACK NAME (etc) key command in ten? I sort all the time and mousing the menus mauls my hand. Yes I know I need a trackball. Best! Dave

No there is not.

. Dave says really bad word at +20 db then carries on. Thx, Eric.

wondering if choosing the new option is what everyone else is doing?

It's a personal choice.

I like to start from the original just because key command changes also reflect the philosophy of the application. Then I tweak it to my liking.

I do the same. But for something as often-used as the toolbox, T seems a bit lost in the middle of the keyboard, while esc was really easy to find. Who knows, maybe I'll get used to it.

But for something as often-used as the toolbox, T seems a bit lost in the middle of the keyboard, while esc was really easy to find. Who knows, maybe I'll get used to it.

Old dogs you know. ;)

I'm with you... ESC was kind of sacred. But I'm already almost used to T.

One nice thing is that you have T as Tool and beside it Y as librarY.

When I open the key command editor to find what key commands are signed where half the window is off the screen and I can't move it! anyone else having this issue? How can I reset it's location?

I've attached a screen shot…very frustrating trying to figure out what commands have changed..

890259892_ScreenShot2013-07-18at5_16_03PM.thumb.png.f5ddb59ed4cf6180d1ab6663b5728346.png

Key Command box is off screen!!

You can actually save your key commands as a present by selecting Options -> Export Key Commands in the Key Commands editor. They'll then appear in the Presets dropdown and you can toggle back to them if you don't like the default key commands.

Thanks! So much better to be able to A/B them!