Event list window problems

negv

just a quick one -

I used to able to double click a note in the event list window (C3 for instance) and type in a different note for transposition purposes (C#4 for example).

For me this was a really quick way of transposing from one key to another, and it was good for drum editing too.

Under logic 7.1 and 10.3.9, this no longer happens....unless I type in the numerical value (136, or whatever the note may be) !! Nightmarish for anyone that thinks "notes" rather than "numbers".

Went to Apple expo in Paris yesterday, explained my problem, demonstrated the problem on their G5 , 10.4.2, and Logic 7.1, and exactly the same thing happened. What a relief ! sort of...

The guy had no clue why it's a problem and invited me to look at the matrix editor, and start 'dragging notes' instead....the poor darling, clueless.

Anyone care to help me out on this one ?

You've all been so helpful in the past !

Many thx

Unfortunately, that feature seems to have "disappeared" in Logic 7.

You know you can also click-hold and drag vertically to change the value of the pitch, step by step? Not the same, but maybe that can help....

Or you could simply double-click and type "+1" to change the pitch up one semi-tone, or whatever number...