Logic Pro 10.6 Official Manual and Resources

David Nahmani

Analog recall photos via track notes.

I was hoping to be able to paste a picture right in the note field but it's not quite that cool but close.

Using an iPhoto, you can set up a new album for each project and drag the photos of the gear into there, then drag the photo from the folder to the track notes. I don't how it changes the link if any, depending on which folder it's in. You can use an iPhone and iCloud to have photos go to iPhoto via wifi right after you take them, I haven't got that working yet though.

Anyway, pretty cool! Take photo, drag into notes, recall documentation done!

I am not getting this to work. Just links no matter what I try, What am I missing? Are we dragging from finder or from the media thingy in Logic? not super important but would be a nice touch.

• 1 month later...
Im not too sure how its working in DP, Ill have to investigate it more. All I know is that it was easier to setup in DP where the MIDI channels controlled the audio level. In Logic it looks like I have to use Aux tracks, which is a bit of an extra step and adds extra tracks to the project

• 1 year later...

Just found the downloadable PDF Logic X manuals here.

Thank you very much for providing these downloads David!

I couldn't find them anywhere until I searched Google with (site:logicprohelp.com logic X manual pdf)

Also, looking for the Alchemy Manual I found this thread:  https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=119150

But the link provided there just goes to Apple's Updated Online Logic Pro X Instruments Manual which includes Alchemy, but no downloadable pdf.

Is there a downloadable pdf of the new Instrument Manual that contains Alchemy?

Thanks again David!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've updated the links in the original post of this thread with the newer EPUB book format manuals.

I know. I already downloaded them. But as said, they're abysmal. IMO iBooks is one of the worst things when it comes to manuals. See my last post and do some searches in iBooks, then do the same searches in the unfortunately outdated PDF. The latter will give you several meaningful hits whereas you usually end up with complete nonsense using iBooks.

• 2 months later...

Whoo, just figured out that demo session by Beck! What a great sneak peak to The Big World.

Only bad thing is that genre is not my cup of tea - I'm more rock-oriented guy played with real instruments. Any hints where I could get/buy rock/pop/punk-styled sessions from mainstream artists?

And of course I understand there's a good reason why sessions aren't usually available publicly, but I was thinking if there were more these kind of demo sessions etc (from other DAWs maybe)? Or something from educational sources? Please do NOT suggest me any illegal stuff, thanks.

Whoo, just figured out that demo session by Beck! What a great sneak peak to The Big World.

Only bad thing is that genre is not my cup of tea - I'm more rock-oriented guy played with real instruments. Any hints where I could get/buy rock/pop/punk-styled sessions from mainstream artists?

And of course I understand there's a good reason why sessions aren't usually available publicly, but I was thinking if there were more these kind of demo sessions etc (from other DAWs maybe)? Or something from educational sources? Please do NOT suggest me any illegal stuff, thanks.

I think that something like the Beck project was produced exclusively with its usage as a LPX demo project in mind.

With most "normal" sessions, I doubt there's too many that would only use internal Logic plugins - so they wouldn't sound the same anyway, hence the purpose of using those as a "teaching tool" would be greatly diminished.

Any hints where I could get/buy rock/pop/punk-styled sessions from mainstream artists?

This may/may not interest you, but i've seen a few mentors online that do mix together sessions, where they provide the stems which you bring in to your DAW and then guide you through mixing it to commercial quality.

i.e.:-

https://www.duelingmixes.com

May be worth trying the 14 day trial to see if it's any advantage, i think it's 20-30$ after that. If you've got time on your hands, may be a good resource - i've sometimes considered it, but just haven't the time to get any value from it.

I reccommend having a look here:

https://www.waves.com/demo-to-master-1-1-mix-bass-drums?playlist=b7105a57-cda9-4d3d-9847-8d97f5b84136&utm_source=wnletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=srart-free-course-btn&utm_campaign=darlington-reminder-dec-4

Dave Darlington is really good at explaining some things and you won't need the Waves plugins to try out things. The multitrack stems are available for download there, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...