Using Stutter Edit in Logic Pro X

dapacarter

would someone give me a step by step guide as this thing is driving me crazy

1. I have my audio track with drum loop as an exaqmple

2. i create a intrument track, it comes up with electric piano

3. I place sutter edit as a plug in but no midi gets through to stutter edit at this stage but when i go to Logic 9 iut works as normal

4. how to record stutter edit, do I record the seperate edits and mix them individually

thanks guys

3. I place sutter edit as a plug in but no midi gets through to stutter edit at this stage but when i go to Logic 9 iut works as normal

No, that's not how it works - have you read the Stutter Edit manual? You place Stutter Edit on it's own software instrument track as a MIDI Controlled effect and sidechain in the audio you want to process... The docs explain this in full.

would someone give me a step by step guide as this thing is driving me crazy

1. I have my audio track with drum loop as an exaqmple

2. i create a intrument track, it comes up with electric piano

4. how to record stutter edit, do I record the seperate edits and mix them individually

thanks guys

Try this:

1. Audio track with drum loop as an example (set it's output to No Output in the Mixer or Inspector)

2. Create a software instrument track, and from the Instrument slot, navigate down the list to MIDI-Controlled Effects and choose Stutter Edit.

3. From Stutter Edit's plugin window Sidechain Input menu, select the audio track where your drum loop resides.

4. Make sure your Stutter Edit instrument track is selected and play back your project.

You can now play Stutter Edit and record the MIDI notes to its track.

J.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, one bank at a time, but it seems to me that there is some method to use two Stutters with various banks for each other ... Example: Clone Stutter track, change bank, and everything is fine when i mute one Stutter, but it is very uncomfortable... How to make the signal will not doubling? Must be some solution... Anybody :)?

Try this. Send Source->Bus 1

Load Stutter edit 1 as an instrument/midi controlled effect and use the Bus 1 as the Sidechain, then send Stutter Edit to Bus 2

Load Stutter edit 2 as a instrument/midi controlled effect and use Bus 2 as the Sidechain.

Mute or Delete the bus channels so you don't triple up the sound, All sound should come out of Stutter edit 2's Channel.

So now you can play your glitches and what have you on two separate stutter edit channels.

I've done it before to get a specific effect.