Ways to edit velocity in Logic Pro X

romagromoff

Or press and hold Control-Command and click and drag over a note.

I believe this was altered in LP 10. It no longer snaps all the velocities to where your mouse pointer is, so in order to achieve this, you have to drag all the velocities either all the way down or up (or both). I really hope it goes back to the older way of doing it.

I believe this was altered in LP 10. It no longer snaps all the velocities to where your mouse pointer is, so in order to achieve this, you have to drag all the velocities either all the way down or up (or both). I really hope it goes back to the older way of doing it.

You are thinking about Option-Shift!

Try using it in the Event List for now.

I wouldn't call it a bug since you're the only one experiencing this. Maybe some preference corruption?

Try this:

1) Quit Logic.

2) Press and hold down Option as you click your Go menu in your finder and choose Library. In there choose Preferences and in there delete all logic10 preferences.

3) Restart Logic.

Try again.

There was 5 files:

com.apple.logic.pro.cs

com.apple.logic10.plist

com.apple.logic10.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.logic.pro.plist

Logic KeyCommands.xml

I deleted them all. No results? it don't work.

Okay, anyway I have Velocity Tool. Of course it not so fast, if I use cltr+cmd combination, but it's not bad too ))

Okay, anyway I have Velocity Tool. Of course it not so fast, if I use cltr+cmd combination, but it's not bad too ))

Since we're talking LX, I wonder why nobody mentioned the velocity slider on the left of the piano roll? It's right there 1 click away and I personally am finding it really handy :)

Since we're talking LX, I wonder why nobody mentioned the velocity slider on the left of the piano roll? It's right there 1 click away and I personally am finding it really handy :)

Editing velocity on the notes themselves feels more direct to me. But if you want to keep a free hand, the slider can come in handy, absolutely.

Do you use any third party applications to get windows to float or other hacks?

How do you know that? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, you right! I was using Keep afloat plugin.

Now I uninstalled it and velocity edit work fine!

Thank you very much!

That dude(and David) knows everything, it's scary! :)

Blink