Export audio to movie Logic X 10.7 issue

question

I used the method described in another thread to get Logic 10 working with Lion 10.7.5.

Every seems to work fine except "Export audio to movie" does not seem to work.

I have used this function hundreds of times in Logic 9 (32 bit) and am very familiar with how it is supposed to work.

When selecting an audio track to export to the movie, I simply get no dialog window. Nothing happens.

Importing the audio from movie also doesn't work.

I suspect either I am overlooking something, or it is possibly an issue with Logic 10 in Lion 10.7

Could someone please test this as this function is the only reason that I updated to Logic 10.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes, I have looked in the new manual and have followed the instructions.

Logic X isn't officially supported on 10.7, so I suspect that has something to do with it. I know it works perfectly fine in 10.8.4. What year model Mac are you using? Are you using Logic 10.0.1? Your sig should be updated with this information.

You may benefit from upgrading to Mountain Lion as it's generally deemed as being more stable than 10.7 Lion without too much difference in CPU/memory overhead. The only thing you'll really lose is support for some applications, 32-bit kernel extensions, etc.

May I politely ask someone running Logic 10 with Lion 10.7.5 to test the "export audio to movie" function?

Before I spend any more time trying to find out if this will work, it would be a great help if someone with the same OS could simply test this function.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I noticed the same problem export audio to movie and import audio to movie doesn't work.

I wonder if its a lion issue. I just tried it with Logic 9.18 in lion and it did not import the audio file either.

This is a major bummer for those of us stuck with a mac pro 1.1 who can't upgrade o mountain lion .

This missing feature makes LPX unusable for film work for me, since I can't even open the LPX files in LP9

Edited by nilsmusic

It gets weirder :

I tried opening a movie with Logic 9.18 in Lion in 32bit mode and it works fine.

I tried again "import audio from movie" in logic 9.18 64bit mode - no success.

However:

I tried a different movie a m4v file and it worked. the other movie was and mp4 video

now back to logic pro X": - no luck either way

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar trouble w Logic Pro X (10.0.3) with OS X (10.8.5).

I had my project settings as 48kHz. and the audio file that I would like to export to the movie is 48khz, 24bit. I tried to export the audio to the movie as Linear PCM 48000, 24bit, as well as the other options. When i did this, it supposedly created quick time files, but when I clicked on the files it gave error as the movie file's format is not recognized.

I created a file on Logic 9(32 bit) , to see if I will have the same problem. I created a project with the same settings (48kHz), imported the audio file (48kHz, 24bit) and exported audio to movie Linear PCM 48000, 24bit. It worked.

The strange thing is: few days ago w Logic Pro X, when I tried to export audio to movie(in a different project) with different project settings, 41kHz, that worked, it was actually able to bounce audio to movie properly.

In this case I'm thinking, Logic X has a problem w 48kHz.

Did anyone else run into this problem?

• 2 months later...

The problem is likely to be your attempted use of Export audio to Movie when running Logic 9 in 64-0 bit mode. Ski will tell you that Logic 9 includes the feature in 32-bit mode, but excludes it in 64-bit mode (and he provides multiple workarounds on http://www.macprovideo.com -- thanks Ski !)

Per this apple site discussion:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/22498923#22498923

"The reason Logic 9 couldn't export audio to movies was Quicktime Pro still being 32 bit."

and

"It's fixed in LPX. And no, it no longer relies on QuickTime for this feature."

gigijackal, sad to hear that you're having a logic X issue though. And ironically, with 48K. Since we want 48K for film, I'd much rather have the issue with 44.1 and have 48K work. ;-) I've not yet jumped to Logic X myself though (will be soon), so I can't check out your issue myself.