the steinway piano, humble request...

fisherking

anyone willing to upload the samples folder, and the exs file for the logic steinway piano? i'd like it back (i used to have it). i don't want to install ALL the additional content LX is insisting on downloading, just so i can get the piano (& then have to delete all the other content LX would install)...

:roll: :mrgreen:

would be greatly appreciated.

u could use my yousendit account, or wetransfer perhaps...

ugh. seriously, if anyone's willing to upload these files for me... i will do the prison time. just trying to get that piano back without installing a ton of files i don't want/need...

You don't need to install what you don't want - simply open the downloaded installer package file with Pacifist, and extract/install the files you need from the installer package.

where do i find these packages? if i download the files THRU logic X, don't they install from there?

also, i HAVE the "Steinway Grand Piano" exs file; when i select it, logic tells me i need to download additional content, then brings up the "Piano" download...which does NOT include the steinway samples (i've tried this several times).

hate that this is so complicated; those files SHOULD be in the PIANOS download (the exs file is).

Can't you just download it from Apple?

http://audiocontentdownload.apple.com/lp10_ms3_content_2013/MAContent10_InstrumentsPiano.pkg

The LPX content downloaded lets you choose what to install anyway, so you could just uncheck everything except the Piano and Logic will do the necessary for you.

where did you find this link? if i could find the "Logic 2 Studio Content" file, i could do the package/pacifist trick...

where did you find this link? if i could find the "Logic 2 Studio Content" file, i could do the package/pacifist trick...

These are the links the LPX downloader calls to download the various items of additional content. The LP9 content links are also still directly downloadable from Apple too...

The content downloaded will download these files to a tmp directory, then extract and install the contents, then delete the installer package file, so these won't stay on your system, unless you download them manually.

Edited by beej

So if the piano samples aren't in the 850MB Piano instruments download - what exactly *is* in the piano instruments download? It's surely not 850MB of compressed EXS instruments...?!

samples for the classical, the grand (in the garageband content), and the yamaha (in logic's content)...

Hi

So if the piano samples aren't in the 850MB Piano instruments download - what exactly *is* in the piano instruments download? It's surely not 850MB of compressed EXS instruments...?!

Believe it or not...

Orchestral Bass sample

Orch Cello

Bosendorfer Piano samples "Classical Piano")

Grand Piano Samples

Violins 1 samples

Yamaha Grand Piano Samples

plus some Patches, Presets and EXS instruments

CCT

The content downloaded will download these files to a tmp directory, then extract and install the contents, then delete the installer package file, so these won't stay on your system, unless you download them manually.

Or grab them from the (hidden) temp folder before they are installed and deleted ;-)

CCT

Hi

Believe it or not...

Orchestral Bass sample

Orch Cello

Bosendorfer Piano samples "Classical Piano")

Grand Piano Samples

Violins 1 samples

Yamaha Grand Piano Samples

plus some Patches, Presets and EXS instruments

CCT

yes, that ORCH CELLO is one of my FAVE pianos... :shock:

samples for the classical, the grand (in the garageband content), and the yamaha (in logic's content)...

Ah ok, so the core Steinway samples are in the essential content download - makes sense. Weird that the EXS file isn't though...

so, doing the pacifist thing now. the steinway grand samples are actually in the garageband content (in the essentials package).

thanx all for help, suggestions (and thanx eric for keeping me out of jail...)

EDIT: got it! am back in business 8)

Edited by fisherking