Remove Logic 9?

feelinstevie

Since Logic X exists along side Logic 9, I'm wondering if users are removing Logic 9.

Personally I am running short on hard disk space but I am not sure if Logic X needs anything from v9.

I usually put the loops etc on an external disc but I like having it all on the Mac.

Enlighten me!

Thanks

all the support files are elsewhere on your mac, you can delete Logic9 (i did that within 20 minutes of using X).

if you're at all nervous about it, either:

a. back up the app itself somewhere, then delete.

or

b. put it in the trash, leave it there for a few days.

but really, it will be fine...

I'm not. I might when LPX is ready for primetime, but it isn't at this point.

am mixing, producing, writing in X. some issues, but am overall very happy with it. i haven't missed L9 for a second (altho i miss sylenth1 a bit). whatever works for you... :mrgreen:

to the original poster: you can always backup the L9 app if you want, or just leave it where it is...until you're sure you don't need it.

Since Logic X exists along side Logic 9, I'm wondering if users are removing Logic 9.

Personally I am running short on hard disk space but I am not sure if Logic X needs anything from v9.

If you really desperately need the 700MB or so of disk space that the LP9 application uses, then go ahead and remove it, but if you're that desperate for space you've probably got bigger issues. :)

The content is a separate matter, it's all available from LPX so only you know if you need or want to keep it, particularly if you want to load old projects that require the older content.

I can see no real reason to want to delete LP9 otherwise - even if you don't use it anymore, one day you might need to (for instance, to access a 32-bit plugin, or old project that's giving issues in LPX or to access a feature that's been removed in LPX, or for compatibility with someone else who isn't on LPX and so on).

Not just yet for me, still have some old incomplete sessions with 32bit plugs that I need to finish, before I can bounce and use in LPX.

I went 64bit when UAD released their beta, and rarely opened Logic 9 in 32bit mode.

Anyway unless you are using a SSD, hard drives are cheap.

I recently replaced a 750GB Momentus hybrid drive, with a 7200rpm 1TB hard drive.

I plan on using the Momentus as a boot drive, in a dual drive setup for my MBP.

8)