Shift window focus with a key command [SOLVED]

Kim Olesen
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Will have to make a new one though. My danish keyboard doesn't have that character.

Choose Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit and search for "Cycle Through Windows", see what it's currently assigned to? Isn't it Command-Shift-` ? On your Danish keyboard, look for the key for that last character just to the left of the backward delete (backspace) key.

Normally that key command should be the same as the global Mac OS X key command which allows you to cycle through windows in any app. So better to keep the same in Logic and in OS X if at all possible.

Will have to make a new one though. My danish keyboard doesn't have that character.

Choose Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit and search for "Cycle Through Windows", see what it's currently assigned to? Isn't it Command-Shift-` ? On your Danish keyboard, look for the key for that last character just to the left of the backward delete (backspace) key.

Normally that key command should be the same as the global Mac OS X key command which allows you to cycle through windows in any app. So better to keep the same in Logic and in OS X if at all possible.

I just get the annoying "screen white flash" when i use the one to the left of the backspace.

It's not without glitches though. If you have two windows open (my case: piano roll and mixer)on one screen and the arrange on another it sometimes will put all editors out of focus when it's time for the arrangepage to be cycled through. But only sometimes.

It's like a lot of thinks in Logic X. Semi works/semi broken.

• 7 years later...

I'm not sure if I can achieve what I want to. Any ideas?

So when I press the "send on faders" commend while on the main window, I get the "flashing" wrong window thing. Obviously I need to be on the mixer window.

The question is:

Is there a way for me to automate this commend so the moment I say "Sends on faders" Logic will automatically take me to the mixer window and do the commend avoiding the "flashing"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 10 months later...

Yeah I'd also like to be able to do this, but can't see a way how since the difference between those 'areas' (tracks and Mixer) are technically within the same window. So something like Keyboard Maestro can't help.

It's really annoying (like many things in Logic). I have a key command setup to show/hide the fader knobs in the mixer and it's really annoying that I can't just always hit this key and sh/hide them because sometimes the 'tracks' part of the main window is active and not the mixer. Really silly.

I suppose you could open the mixer in a separate window and rearrange the main window to make space for it, simulating the way the mixer sits at the bottom when you show/hide it. But then of course, you can't conveniently show/hide the mixer at teh press of a key, so any which way you lose something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D4rkKn1ght said:

So something like Keyboard Maestro can't help.

I suppose you could use a convoluted workaround, that would work only if you're used to working with the Mixer open, which is to make a macro that sends the key command "X" twice to give the Mixer focus, then the Sends on Faders key command. 

But I agree with you that these key command limitations don't make sense, in fact Sends on Faders is an option that is available in the Inspector channel strip configuration pop-up menu, and yet the key command doesn't work to toggle Sends on Faders in the inspector unless the Mixer is open (which makes no sense).