MIDI regions won't play back

Blekspetl

Hi everyone, I got an issue I hope someone here can help me with.

Suddenly my MIDI regions won't play back. I can hear the notes when when I play on my MIDI controller and when I mark the MIDI notes in the piano roll, but not when play it back in the arrange window. This worked fine the last time I opened the project.

- I have done a restart of all my equipment, computer and Logic.

- Nothing is muted - not the track or the regions.

- The MIDI in/out in the piano roll is ON.

- The channel strip setting is set to ON.

Logic X 10.0.2

OSX 10.8.4

iMac early 2009

2.66 GHz Intel Core Duo

4 GB ram

SATA disc

M-Audio Fast Track Pro, with M-Audio Radium 49.

Thanks!

Some more information:

- This applies to all instruments.

- It works as usual for MIDI written using the pen tool, but not for MIDI played on the keyboard.

- MIDI channel are set to 1 (as seen in the event window).

- Instrument channel is set to "all".

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I'll keep in mind that software monitoring must be on.

When I create a new project the same thing happens. MIDI recorded on the keyboard does not play, while information written with the pen tools works as usual when playing it back. Same thing happens when I copy the regions.

I tried to check if there could be a setting on the MIDI keyboard that I need to change, but it seems like it is also sending information to channel 1. But if I disconnect the keyboard, there's no changes.

Thanks!

Nothing is muted - not the track or the regions.

Just a hunch, but... This bit me last weekend: maybe the track itself is off? Note that in LPX there are two different "mutes" on each track: the actual, real mute (the M button), and the on/off button for the track itself. Is that on or off? (The on/off switch might not be visible, it's one of the advanced settings, I think)

heilei: Yes, the track is on too.

The on/off button for the track is not visible in the arrange window, so to make it visible right click on the track header and click "configure track header". There you can add the on/off button.

Generally all muted tracks become greyed out, and applies to when turning the track off, muting the region or the track.

Hi

Software monitoring has to be on, otherwise you wouldn't hear any effects or virtual instruments.

Really???

CCT

My bad, it's only for audio. Mental glitch.

From the manual:

Enabling Software Monitoring for Recording

The Software Monitoring function allows you to monitor incoming audio through any effect plug-ins that are inserted into an armed audio channel strip. Audio inputs must be assigned on the record-enabled channel strips for software monitoring to function.

It is important to note that the effect plug-ins are monitored but not recorded, which can be useful during a recording session. For example, during vocal recording many singers prefer to hear their performance with a little reverb, but the track is recorded dry—without effects.